St Mirren ...racist shame

how come this has went right to a police matter, but when the aberdeen boy claimed he was racially abused it went to the SFA first and still is?

I think it is due to van Dijk going to the police after the game and Long/Aberdeen complained to the SFA

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as it is a crime shouldnt the SFA have told the aberdeen player to report it to the police

I don't know tbh but his SFA hearing has been postponed till the end of the month

Asking complete and utter fuckwits like the SFA to get involved in a serious crime is hardly a positive thing for society. There should be offences committed at grounds that involve the Police authorities immediately and bypass a sporting organisation. Racism and Dougie Imrie are two of them.

I don't know tbh but his SFA hearing has been postponed till the end of the month

so the SFA clearly feel that racism isnt that important given their lack of haste in dealing with the matter (innocent or guilty they should be dealing with it asap)

the aberdeen player should tell the SFA to f**k off and go straight to the police, as someone said above, certain things should bypass the governing bodies and go straight to the police

so the SFA clearly feel that racism isnt that important given their lack of haste in dealing with the matter (innocent or guilty they should be dealing with it asap)

the aberdeen player should tell the SFA to f**k off and go straight to the police, as someone said above, certain things should bypass the governing bodies and go straight to the police

Not someone - me. A bit of fucking respect for a Top 50 poster please.

I'm not usually one to defend the SFA, but maybe they are dragging their heels because it's a matter for the police, and they are waiting for a police enquiry to finish?

I am happy to accept that they are completely incompetent as well.

Maybe the Paisley locals constant boo booing was misconstrued as ooh oohing?

Seriously though it is sad that this issue still rears its ugly head now and again in the Scottish game. If the culprit is caught he should be suitably punished.

In general I have noticed black players apparently getting more abuse than others in their team. This may just be subjective on my part but incidents like this certainly need proper investigation and just punishment.

as it is a crime shouldnt the SFA have told the aberdeen player to report it to the police

I'm not usually one to defend the SFA, but maybe they are dragging their heels because it's a matter for the police, and they are waiting for a police enquiry to finish?

I am happy to accept that they are completely incompetent as well.

It's quite the opposite? According to the BBC, there won't be a police case - as Logan declined to take it forward with them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29418877

Police Scotland has also confirmed it will not be taking further action over the alleged incident after Logan declined to make an official complaint.

In terms of why the SFA hearing has been delayed again, the reason given is that the date fixed for the hearing clashed with the international break. Which does seem a bit sloppy given they know he's an internationalist. It's now the League Cup QF midweek so he should be around then.

The SFA don't think that dealing with sectarianism, which is a serious problem in Scottish football, is important so it's unlikely they'd be bothered with racism, which isn't.

Wagons circled, victim blaming dished out and a wee bit of deflection for good measure.

Well done St Mirren fans, you've just displayed all the characteristics of your typical Old Firm fan.

Read the rest of my post, and my others in the thread.

I took exception to his tarring of everyone in Paisley with the same 'backwards' brush, and I merely showed how easy it would be to do the same with Dundee.

Wasn't deflecting, there are no wagons, let's find the culprit and make an example of him. But let's not assume everyone is as moronic as one individual who acted stupidly.

Archived