St Mirren ...racist shame

I saw what I believe to be the incident in question . The 'supporter' ran to the boundary fence and was shouting abuse at Van Dijk then proceeded to make monkey gestures. He was then shepherded away by a steward. At the time I didn't quite believe I had witnessed that behaviour because no other action was taken until I saw the reports today. The 'supporter' was wearing a red top .

No place for it at football or in society

Taken from the Saints forum.

The steward shepherded the fan away. Surely the first thing he/she should have done was let the nearest police officer know? . If the fan is a season ticket holder it will be no problem tracking him down. Non season ticket holder/day tripper will make it a bit trickier.

Shame for the club. It doesn't take much for its great reputation in the community to get tarnished by a numpty :thumbsdown .

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken from the Saints forum.

The steward shepherded the fan away. Surely the first thing he/she should have done was let the nearest police officer know? . If the fan is a season ticket holder it will be no problem tracking him down. Non season ticket holder/day tripper will make it a bit trickier.

Shame for the club. It doesn't take much for its great reputation in the community to get tarnished by a numpty :thumbsdown .

I remember the crowd being pissed off because Van Dijk went down under little to no contact and when he got back up he was laughing. I thought that was just at the perma-ragers in our crowd.

Hopefully they'll identify whoever did it- although there tends to be less ST holders and can be a few more day trippers v the OF. Can't say I saw it, but I did see people rushing to the front as folk were leaving.

Archived