Your Favourite Football Shirts of all Time?

Lyle Lanley

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember Queens with their red and black striped away shirt a few seasons back when the club was relegated to the 2nd Division under Gus McPherson. Queens had never had that colour of away shirt before. At least they bounced back the next season to win the 2nd Division title (the final one ever before the league re-branding) and the Challenge Cup for the double.

Not a fan of the multi-coloured efforts of the modern era. Scotland's top from the 1960's is probably my all time favourite. Peru's iconic red diagonal stripe from the 1970 World cup has always been a favourite. West Germany from the same World Cup. Man City's from the Colin Bell era, with the badge in the middle of the chest. Celtic's 1960's Lisbon lions strip.

Motherwell's diagonal stripe from the Pettigrew era. Cruyff's Ajax.

Not a scooby how to post a picture... but as far as current kits the Hibs home kit is brilliant and the German national team home kit is great too...

As far as best ever... I like the Celtic 2010 home kit, a close 2nd would be the Bayern Munich 2013 "Bavarian" away kit and 3rd is the 2001 White Celtic away kit.

Archived