Partick Thistle vs Motherwell - 04/10/14

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#justicefor4bes

when I heard the Higgy news I checked the relegation odds. We're available at 7/1 to finish bottom which seems insanely long at this point in time, would have thought we would have been 3 or 4s tops. Couldn't bring myself to lump on though.

Best effort at a team based on the injuries:

Gallacher

SOD Balatoni Seaborne McMillan

Elliott Osman Bannigan McDaid

Stevenson

Eccleston

subs: Fox, Muirhead, Carroll, Craigen, Doolan, Wilson, AN other youth player to fill the bench. Grim stuff.

If we get Ross Forbes back, I'm going to start coming to games again.

This.

Gallacher

SOD Balatoni Seaborne McMillan

Elliott Osman Bannigan McDaid

Stevenson

Eccleston

subs: Fox, Muirhead, Carroll, Craigen, Doolan, Wilson, AN other youth player to fill the bench. Grim stuff.

The reality is, Archie won't leave Craigan out for McDaid, and he'll almost definitely start Doolan, regardless. Carroll won't be dropped either.

(This isn't trying to rip apart what you said by the way, because I would also go with the same as you on Saturday!)

Our starting 11 is going to be something else on Saturday :lol:

I've never been in any doubt that we'd be in a relegation fight, purely because of the problem we're seeing now which is flimsy squad depth. Not just in lack of numbers, but in the options we have for ourselves to change things up. On top of our thin defence, we have no established wingers or target men in the squad which makes the obvious 4-4-2 plan B when Higginbotham and maybe even Lawless are unavailable frankly unappealing. That's not to say we don't have a team left who aren't capable of winning a game like this, but we really need to make the most of the experienced spine that we have in our team, which is perhaps our biggest asset. That means punting Fox plz.

Gallacher

O'Donnell

Balatoni

Seaborne

McMillan

McDaid

Osman

Bannigan

Elliott

Stevenson

Doolan

That would be far from pretty, but I think giving McDaid a shot at glory with some other experienced heads in the team is more appealing than shunting Stevenson out wide. Christie Elliott remains the positionless player, but we could maybe use his ability to run about all day as some defensive cover for our dodgy left back position. I really couldn't be more certain of an away win though, Sutton on Balatoni + long ball = goals.

My god I've never seen Thistle posters collectively so negative about a game and it's completely justified. Can't remember last time I was this meh about going to Firhill. If we actually win I may ragegasm.

One possible option, given Archie seems unlikely to drop Carroll, is to play 4-4-1-1 with O'Donnell as the right midfielder in front of McMillan. We might line-up something like this:

Fox/Gallagher

McMillan Balatoni Seaborne Carroll

Osman

O'Donnell Bannigan Elliott

Stevenson

Doolan

This.

The reality is, Archie won't leave Craigan out for McDaid, and he'll almost definitely start Doolan, regardless. Carroll won't be dropped either.

(This isn't trying to rip apart what you said by the way, because I would also go with the same as you on Saturday!)

Yeah. I think the actual team will be...

One possible option, given Archie seems unlikely to drop Carroll, is to play 4-4-1-1 with O'Donnell as the right midfielder in front of McMillan. We might line-up something like this:

Fox/Gallagher

McMillan Balatoni Seaborne Carroll

Osman

O'Donnell Bannigan Elliott

Stevenson

Doolan

The North stand is absolute shit right now. JHS for me saturday.

You a season ticket holder? If so can you still use your Northy ticket in the JHS? Thought they changed that for this season.

Terrifying prospect....

He did play there for previous clubs, Huddersfield fan I spoke to said he'd never seen him play at LB, only in midfield [Which I presume he means CM] and at wing-back.

How much we miss Sinclair is insane. Higgy is really missing a Sinclair figure to back him up. Let's mix things up Archie.

......................... Gallacher .........................

McMillan .. Seaborne.. Balatoni .. Bannigan

................... Osman .. Carroll .....................

...... Stevenson .. Doolan .. Lawless ..........

........................ Eccleston ..........................

Playing in a more 4-4-2 type formation with Dools just off Eccleston. We are so short it is scary.

I'd like to see you us go with

Gallacher ©

SOD Balatoni Seabourne McMillan

Osman

Wilson Stevenson Banzo

Lawless

Doolan

Would lack width but with Higginbotham out we're already short by one in that department.

In an ideal world SOD and McMillan would give width and Osman could drop in to give a back 3 when attacking.

Also think Stevenson would benefit from playing centrally what with him being a lazy bar stool.

Archived