Should Rangers fans admit that Hearts are the model to follow?

When punished they didn't throw toys out of the pram, threaten to boycott and have marches up to the SFA HQ. They just got on with it. They played youngsters who have flourished instead of whining about not being able to afford big signings and when they came out of administration they did it as the same company rather than shedding their skin in an attempt to screw as many of their creditors as possible. When relegated they didn't start signing big name players from other SPL sides, paying big bucks in wages, they brought in what was necessary and kept team cohesion.

In short everything that Hearts have done right, Rangers have done wrongly.

Will the Rangers fans on here admit that this is the model they should have followed rather than the financial suicide they did while accepting that the paranoid delusions some of their fans demonstrated is a world away from the way the Hearts fans accepted their fate and have gone on to build a better club for them and their community.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone goes on about Hearts youngsters like they are a team of youth players been given the chance. Hardly the truth.

The two wingers and the two full backs are the only real youth products there. Paterson and McHattie have been around for years (when McHattie plays). The rest of the squad have been players brought in who will be on very good wages - yes they might be young in age but they are still signings.

It's a far better model than Rangers though - that's not difficult though.

Rangers were fucked from the start because of the fans and a greedy board.

The fans wanted players to sign for them and whilst I wouldn't class Black and Sheils as big name, they were for the fourth tier so to speak. Money is wasted to get the ST's sold and the board helped themselves by paying themselves big money wages too.

Unsustainable and absolutely bonkers. They were given a second chance and they are very close to blowing it.

Rangers were set up in such a way as to mean profit didn't matter to those in charge, whereas income did.

Their fans however were so easily seduced that we've all been wonderfully entertained.

There was only ever an appetite for bludgeoning the opposition because that's why most of their fans follow football. Those in charge were able to satisfy this infantile lust, thus ensuring lots of income to cream off.

Hearts have been able to re-launch in a different way because they're followed, primarily, by grown ups.

Rangers were fucked from the start because of the fans and a greedy board.

The fans wanted players to sign for them and whilst I wouldn't class Black and Sheils as big name, they were for the fourth tier so to speak. Money is wasted to get the ST's sold and the board helped themselves by paying themselves big money wages too.

Unsustainable and absolutely bonkers. They were given a second chance fresh start and they are very close to blowing it.

Everyone goes on about Hearts youngsters like they are a team of youth players been given the chance. Hardly the truth.

The two wingers and the two full backs are the only real youth products there. Paterson and McHattie have been around for years (when McHattie plays). The rest of the squad have been players brought in who will be on very good wages - yes they might be young in age but they are still signings.

It's a far better model than Rangers though - that's not difficult though.

Walker, Nicholson, McHattie and Patterson are not the only ones who are still an important part of the squad.

Holt, King, Carrick, McGhee and McKay are all knocking at the door and play quite regularly.

Oliver in quite good too and he is out on loan.

Jack Hamilton will also be a good keeper in the long run.

I'm not saying there isn't youth players in the squad, I'm saying its vastly over used. You have brought in players on big wages, you aren't relying on youth like some make out.

I know that "big wages" is all a relative term but I have no idea what the overseas players are earning. Could be 2k a week, could be significantly more. I haven't the faintest idea.

I would love to know. Coz I'm a nosey person.

I'm not saying there isn't youth players in the squad, I'm saying its vastly over used. You have brought in players on big wages, you aren't relying on youth like some make out.

"Big" is a relative term when it comes to wages. No doubt our players are commanding substantially more than their counterparts at Livingston and Cowdenbeath but it's not as if the new arrivals had CVs that would command wages that a club with our gates couldn't meet.

Gomis was on the bench at Tannadice. Carlisle had sent Buaben on loan to Partick. Keatings (who turned 22 in January) was at Hamilton having failed to make it at Celtic. Öztürk (age 21) was struggling to get a game in Trazbonspors "B" team. Sow never got a game at Crystal Palace.

These aren't bargain basement signings but they're not top drawer luxury either.

Hearts now are quite a respectable outfit and it's hard to not cast a jealous gaze at them.

My problem with them is no team should be successful on the back of all the cheating they did for almost a decade.

They won cups cheating

They split the old firm cheating

They lorded it over their Derby rivals cheating

They were punished with a league rule that deducts points for an insolvency event. That ended in a relegation to a very competitive championship where they may just have their best season in years.

If the Scottish football authorities tried to punish the Jambos for years of taking the pish, they managed the opposite.

How this puts other clubs off the idea of copying them. I will never know.

Hearts now are quite a respectable outfit and it's hard to not cast a jealous gaze at them.

My problem with them is no team should be successful on the back of all the cheating they did for almost a decade.

They won cups cheating

They were punished with a league rule that deducts points for an insolvency event. That ended in a relegation to a very competitive championship where they may just have their best season in years.

If the Scottish football authorities tried to punish the Jambos for years of taking the pish, they managed the opposite.

How this puts other clubs off the idea of copying them. I will never know.

From a fan of a team that has had its own admin event.

They've got it spot on this season. Strong blend of good youngish players and and a couple of excellent experienced players signed for this level. Raising money to actually save the club as opposed to a "fighting fund" (lol) shows the Grand Canyon of class between Hearts and Sevco fans as well. Seems like the latter really are too thich a bunch of people to sustain any kind of business.

Not quite true that they didn't throw the toys out the pram at any stage though. The whinging about health and safety thing last year was pretty laughable stuff.

They won cups cheating

Mmm...

tumblr_mxr7mlnaOj1r2ckpzo1_400.gif

Hearts brought in good players, and I'd imagine they'll be on decent wages. Certainly higher than that of your average Championship club, but then Hearts are a bigger club than the average. Rangers brought in decent players like Black and Shiels and put them on astronomical wages for their level. Due to that, they've been haemorrhaging money for the last two years since they joined the league.

Archived