£500 note

I need the help of the p&b rich c***s here.

Whilst working cash in hand as a joiners pal I got paid on more than one occasion with a 500 quid note. However, no one believes me and despite an hour of googling can find no evidence that these ever existed.

Have any p&bers ever seen a 500 pound, not Euro, note and can confirm these exist or existed? Bonus greenies for links or pictures.

I remember my granny being given a £50 note when she picked up her pension once. We were all absolutely terrified that she was going to lose it somewhere. Decades later and I've still never seen another.

Anyway, at no point did she accept it for payment on £500 worth of work. Smart woman, my granny.

I'm going to make it my life's work to prove this.

1. I put the money in the bank and was credited with the amount so I wasn't ripped off.

2. It wasn't always £500 pw but this was doing jobs for the NHS so evidently you could take the pisd with their rates. It was refurbing nurses acconodation at raigmore hospital. Doing luxury suites at Gleneagles was 200 pw

3. Your all c***s

They were huge. Bigger than 100s. I think they were bright green. Similar to 50s but brighter .

Lastly.Needless to say I had the last laugh

Edited by invergowrie arab

1. I put the money in the bank and was credited with the amount so I wasn't ripped off.

They were huge. Bigger than 100s. I think they were bright green. Similar to 50s but brighter .

Lastly.Needless to say I had the last laugh

It was one of those big novelty cheques, wasn't it?

I've actually got this... ^_^

01Aberdeen.jpg

Yet to actually play it though.

Aberdeen Fanzine "The Red Final" had a great cover when Duncan Ferguson got put in the pokey. It was a Gordon Reid cartoon of Duncan in a prisoners suit with arrows on it and a ball and chain around his ankle holding up a Monopoly board where all the squares were "Go to Jail".....

Maybe the OP got a five hunner quid bankers draft or similar?