Dumbarton v Cowdenbeneath 4/10/14

Point probably fair, though rogers was the busier keeper, ref was very poor, was definitely a pen first half, and a handball by oyenuga soon after, then Fleming gets booked for dissent after the ref misses him getting clipped whilst in attack? Not much in it today, we only played a high ball after nish came on, changing tactic so shut up. You may have had more shots, doesn't make you better, you need to score them. Oyenuga looked good though

Cowdenbeath certainly much better than previous visits to the Rock, but wasn't overly impressed with them TBH

Oyenuga looked good until his final ball, which was awful....Gallacher...anonymous

pretty poor performance from us though, bug improvement when Nish came on....actually played some football then....great save from Cowdenbeath keeper to keep out Megginson (?) after a great move

Thought a point each was a fair result

Ref tried to keep game flowing, but how he missed that penalty I will never know. Definite yellow for Fleming

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played some good passing football today and Kudus was unplayable at times skinning defenders for fun.

Soon as we got around the box no-one wanted to take responsibility and have a shot. When we did eventually shoot it was tragically bad finishing. Don't think I'll ever see a team dominate a game so much without scoring. Gallacher and Higgins strangely quiet today and we'd be looking to them to do the finishing i guess.

If you'd offered me a point before the game I'd have taken it as Dumbo are normally a good outfit. They were absolutely honking today as they couldn't get near our midfield and we've missed an opportunity.

2 good performances in a row from us now. Maybe we have turned the corner. Need another big performance up next at Alloa now to reel them back in.

Fleming gets booked for dissent after the ref misses him getting clipped whilst in attack?

Are you sure he wasn't booked for an attempted rugby tackle on Robbo which the ref played advantage for and then booked him at the next stoppage? Was about as close as you got to one of our midfielders today.

That was dour. Cowden go away the happier of the sides, if not frustrated that they didn't claim the victory as they certainly seemed more likely to break the deadlock from where I was sitting. We never really got going.

Lack of bite from our midfield, with a distinctly off-colour performance from Kirky. We need Turner back pronto.

And Cowden's wingers were a menace, fortunately Van Zanten turned in a decent performance.

The unbeaten run rolls on however and we're well capable of strolling out of Edinburgh with some points next week if we can up the intensity.

FWIW I find our home support increasingly getting on my tits.

Why do we boo our team keeping possession if it means going backwards? The amount of moaning b*****ds that frequent the home end of The Rock is unreal. 5 games unbeaten and I still heard a few boos at full time.

If you're going to boo I'd rather you didn't turn up, or alternatively let me volley you square in the chops for being a p***k.

And Cowden's wingers were a menace, fortunately Van Zanten turned in a decent performance.

If that was him being decent i'd hate to see him when he's bad. This is the right back that Kudus destroyed all afternoon we're talking about right? You don't have two players called van Zanten?

Why do we boo our team keeping possession if it means going backwards? The amount of moaning b*****ds that frequent the home end of The Rock is unreal. 5 games unbeaten and I still heard a few boos at full time.

If you're going to boo I'd rather you didn't turn up, or alternatively let me volley you square in the chops for being a p***k.

Completely agree, the guy behind me was moaning every time we played a sideways/backwards pass. About 70 minutes in I said (loudly) "I don't get these people moaning when we are keeping the ball, if we have the ball then they can't score. If they can't score then we can't lose."

The guy was a wee bit quieter after that, still let out a grumbled 'boo' at the end mind you.

If that was him being decent i'd hate to see him when he's bad. This is the right back that Kudus destroyed all afternoon we're talking about right? You don't have two players called van Zanten?

Yup that's him. He did have a decent game for him today, not that, that's hard as he's been pretty poor so far.

hear hear, moaning p***k behind me getting players names wrong while hurling abuse at them

Archived