Aberdeen vs St Mirren - 30/09/14

Bizarre scenes at the final whistle too, what were the celebrations all about? It was like St Mirren had won the league :lol:

Aye, I mean how dare we vociferously celebrate a two goal comeback away from home, against the second biggest team in the League with a decimated squad. :rolleyes:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, I mean how dare we vociferously celebrate a two goal comeback away from home, against the second biggest team in the League with a decimated squad. :rolleyes:

I have never seen players celebrate an early season DRAW like the St Mirren players did tbh.

Ive absolutely no doubt youll beat us now, and Marwood will destroy us much like Lewis Guy did in his only decent performance

He's not even as good as Lewis Guy, and that's saying something. Hope you're right though. :P

I have never seen players celebrate an early season DRAW like the St Mirren players did tbh.

Take it as a compliment. Historically Pittodrie is a very tough gig for us and given the match situation and our current league position I don't think the celebrations were too OTT.

Hopefully this hard earned point gives us something to build on after a horrific start to the season.

Take it as a compliment. Historically Pittodrie is a very tough gig for us and given the match situation and our current league position I don't think the celebrations were too OTT.

Hopefully this hard earned point gives us something to build on after a horrific start to the season.

Considering the situation it is no doubt a great point for you and I can understand you being pleased. However, seeing PLAYERS fist pumping and screaming at getting a point was a little strange. No big deal though. I'm just frustrated at how we threw that away.

You won't get two gifts like that every week, I'm sure. I still can't understand why Reynolds chose to handle it, it looked completely unnecessary from where I was sitting.

I honestly wish someone had taken McGinn off us and we'd got a left back in a few weeks ago. Terrible touch, shite passing, no idea where his own teammates are and shat out of tackles. He will score a wonder goal in a couple weeks and people will forget about it all though.

Didn't get a good view from our angle either but it did look like a fairly innocuous cross for the pen. Renoylds possibly just got the wrong side of him and panicked/lost his balance. Would need to see the highlights.

Aye I thought Naismith had a good game and kept McGinn quiet but it was hard to tell how much of that was him playing well or McGinn just not looking interested and being a general shitebag.

What was the score with Willie Miller? The B&W Army twitter feed was absolutely crucifying him.

Lemme guess.

No doubt negative about St Mirren yet overwhelmingly positive about Aberdeen and talks about them like they'd give Bayern Munich a run for Champions League.

Richard Gordon is usually fairly even handed, you know where his loyalties lie thou. Spence too I think gives most teams credit if they play well.

I find Miller a bit annoying and don't particularly like 'Biscuits' either. They are the type who'd rarely have a good word about the opposition, yet end up talking up their team even when they weren't impressive. I don't know if that is for all teams or not!

Jesus, talk about throwing away a game. We absolutely dominated but had very little cutting edge.

2-0 and cruising, what a stupid fucking goal to give away.

The Maureen's were abhorrent. Worrying times ahead etc.

<<<livid

Up front was sounding fine, not really an issue of scoring goals when we've scored 8 in our last 3 Premiership games so I've no idea why that's what you'd take from this. What is concerning is that we're switching off at the back *again* - directly responsible for the Maureens getting one back thirty seconds after we score and what sounds like a moment of madness for the penalty. Taylor, apparently, not convincing yet again.

Aye I suppose so, but from listening on the radio (aye I wasn't there) I got the feeling that Rooney and Goodie had several shots on target, and I expect them to score. I guess I expect less from Taylor. Touch of the Zander Diamonds about him mabye

Just seen the highlights, how on earth did Reynolds get in the Scotland squad? :lol:

And why wasn't he booked? That's as clear a deliberate hand ball as you'll ever see. Disappointing from the ref.

For us, we seem to have found some decent form. Last 3 league games have been a win at Firhill, a narrow home loss to Celtic and a point at Pittodrie. Any side in the league would take 4 points from those 3 fixtures.

5 goals scored in the 3 games aswell, which is pretty decent considering we had scored just 1 in the previous 5. The turnaround :)

He was completely honest and said we should have won by several goals and St Mirren were there for the taking.

Always a ridiculous argument, that, as if strikers missing chances, keepers making saves and defenders being shit are all parts of a football match that should be ignored when assessing the result.

Perhaps that sense of entitlement crept onto the pitch and contributed towards your team's spectacular collapse.

Always a ridiculous argument, that, as if strikers missing chances, keepers making saves and defenders being shit are all parts of a football match that should be ignored when assessing the result.

Perhaps that sense of entitlement crept onto the pitch and contributed towards your team's spectacular collapse.

It was quite hilarious. He spent basically the whole game and his whole post match analysis telling us how rubbish we were. He was absolutely incandescent when we equalised. You keep telling us how rubbish we are Willy, we'll just head back down the road with our point :cheers:

Fair enough he is an Aberdeen fan, but most pundits at least attempt to appear neutral. He doesn't.

Aye, I listened to the commentary for Saturday's game and thought Thommo did a reasonable job. While obviously biased, and kept saying 'we' (which is fair as he is is still on the SMFC payroll), he was calm, happy to point out our flaws, and didn't appear to jizz when Kenny equalised.

Really, it's the 'should have' attitude that annoys me. 'Could have', maybe, but they're not fucking entitled to anything.

Aberdeen were similarly shaky at the back against us.

I suppose playing only 2 up today leaves us short in Midfield has left us looking shaky at the back especially with Jack and Anderson injured. Now some fans are seeing the worth of Jack as since he's been injured we could have let in a few more in the last few games too. I'm not a big fan of Taylor and think Reynolds has went off the boil since Anderson has been out.

But overall how did we not win that game? Some of the football we played last night was fantastic but the goals we lost was terrible especially Reynolds what was he doing for the pen?

Still on a positive last lot of games we are watching some great attacking football but can see us going back to a 5 in the midfield against Dundee sadly which will not suit Goodwillie imho.

What? :lol:

Dominating the game and passing up numerous chances = should have won by a few goals. You think that's a "ridiculous argument"?

I guess that's the blinkered fanboy I was referring to.

Yes, it's a ridiculous argument. If your strikers can't score, then you don't deserve to, and therefore shouldn't, have won. It's pretty simple.

If you want to use the word 'could' then it might be acceptable. It's a subtle distinction and I don't expect you to be able to get your head around it. In football, what teams 'should' have got, is exactly what they get.

If a Saints fan came on and said we 'should be' top six, you'd rip the piss, and rightly so, because we've consistently failed to amass the correct number of points to lay claim to that.

There's only one blinkered fanboy here, and it's the one who's clearly seething because his team was 2-0 up, yet fucked it up.

He's not even as good as Lewis Guy, and that's saying something. Hope you're right though. :P

Marwood is probably the poorest of all the new signings at the moment. The others (with the obvious exception of Ridgers) have all contributed something, be it a goal or a decent performance. Can't think of Marwood doing much, although could be an assist I'm missing.

Lemme guess.

No doubt negative about St Mirren yet overwhelmingly positive about Aberdeen and talks about them like they'd give Bayern Munich a run for Champions League.

Richard Gordon is usually fairly even handed, you know where his loyalties lie thou. Spence too I think gives most teams credit if they play well.

I find Miller a bit annoying and don't particularly like 'Biscuits' either. They are the type who'd rarely have a good word about the opposition, yet end up talking up their team even when they weren't impressive. I don't know if that is for all teams or not!

One of the good things about Ross County changing manager is it seems to have got Dodds off Sportsound. Only four or five eejits to go!

Archived