Aberdeen vs St Mirren - 30/09/14

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decision making was poor in the final third, shite defending for the first goal and a needless handball for the second. We really should have been out of sight but just couldn't put the ball in the net.

McGinn should never have started, he was absolutely woeful yet again and why change a winning side? Hayes pushed up far too late again, Considine should have been on from the start.

Bizarre scenes at the final whistle too, what were the celebrations all about? It was like St Mirren had won the league :lol:

Now, err, what's that word again?

Begins with S and ends with EETHING???

That's not a bad description. His comments about Thommo won't go down well with the other strikers either.

I think he is saying what all the fans are thinking. Ball looks as if he will score goals at this level with the right service and shedding the weight. Caldwell is very raw but has potential. Sadly I don't think Marwood is good enough for this level. Maybe he is laying down the marker and saying to these guys prove me wrong.

If its good enough for Jose its good enough for TC :lol: .

I hope st Mirren appreciated the goodwill gesture of two free goals. FFS

To be fair, from what I heard, we virtually gifted you both your goals.

That's one of the few things we've been excellent at doing this season. :rolleyes:

Taylor played well tonight, Clangers totally at fault for the goal. I like the big eejit but i fear that's the final straw for me.

Disappointing to drop 2 points perhaps we should have seen it coming.

Was it not Taylor who gave the ball away for the first and was then totally out of position when the ball came in. Hayes never tracked his runner either but yeah all Langfields fault.

And how did that one work out for them?

Great result - anything at Pittodrie is a bonus but to get a point after being 2-0 down is superb.

Pawlett went off because he picked up a knock after getting the shit kicked out of him as usual and Mcginn is just back from injury. They weren't taken off because anyone thought the game was won.

Incredible how we failed to win that being 2-0 up and totally dominant. We wasted so many chances you just knew it was going to come back to bite us no matter how on top we were. Games like these happen in football but it seems to happen to us far too often. Got to be more clinical and put these games to bed.

Well, I'll take that. :)

Looked like there was only one team in it when the second goal went in.

Great comeback even if it was a bit of a mugging. Player wise thought Ball did really well with his goal and to win the pen. I think it was Lex said a few weeks ago something of the Higdon about him, not saying he's that good but starting to see a bit of that. Jim was outstanding at the back , special mention for his keppy-ups that some of the home fans in a complete state. Naismith had pretty good game too, McGinn was anonymous. Marwood was a complete passenger, one of the worst players I've seen in a saints shirt in recent years. My dad said Wylde got a good review on the radio but I thought he was almost as bad apart from a fine assist for Ball's goal.

Aberdeen were the shakiest at the back I've seen for while, definitely missing Anderson and Jack in the middle. Thought Logan was probably their best player. Pawlett was good too, although still think he's more dangerous through the middle, but I suppose you can't really play him there and two up top. Goodwillie was pretty disappointing. Lots of pressure and half chances but they weren't exactly ripping us apart, even both goals came from poor clearances from us.

At least go into work tomorrow with my head held high!

I'm sure Ball will get to double figures. He's the Higdon/Sutton type of striker that does well at this level.

I think I told you that (re the 10 goals), you said you weren't so sure ;)

He's a pure finisher. Naturally took him a few games to adjust to the pace, but he'll do well for us.

Just need to give him plenty support, make sure runners get beyond him, and get the ball pumped into the box.

Archived