Queen of the South v Hearts.

Who are the danger men behind Hearts' impressive start and how do you usually line up? I'm assuming Bauben and Gomis are running the show in midfield? It might be sensible for us to go with an extra man in midfield to try and stifle them.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are the danger men behind Hearts' impressive start and how do you usually line up? I'm assuming Bauben and Gomis are running the show in midfield? It might be sensible for us to go with an extra man in midfield to try and stifle them.

It really all stems from Gomis and Bauben. They have been incredible and are just far too good for this league.

The options we have upfront are phenomenal as well. Every one of them have been chipping in with their fair share, and between about 5 of them, you couldn't argue with who starts as they have all been excellent.

It really all stems from Gomis and Bauben. They have been incredible and are just far too good for this league.

The options we have upfront are phenomenal as well. Every one of them have been chipping in with their fair share, and between about 5 of them, you couldn't argue with who starts as they have all been excellent.

Have they been signed as a result of having Levein as Director of Football? If so, a definite result.

Any chance of Hearts coming down to Palmerston and not playing any forwards?

No, I thought not.

Have they been signed as a result of having Levein as Director of Football? If so, a definite result.

Any chance of Hearts coming down to Palmerston and not playing any forwards?

No, I thought not.

It must have been down to Levein. I think they've just lost their way a wee bit in the past few years but reuniting in a fresh set up with a guy they've had success with has really worked for them. It's our best midfield since the Brellier/Hartley days.

Ha doubt that. I'd imagine it'll be big Sow, El Has and possibly Keatings starting. The pitch will be a leveler though I reckon. Should be a good match.

Gomis is our key player. I think as the season progresses we'll see a lot of teams assign someone to just stick to him for the whole game as he dictates the tempo. Bauben is more of a box to box type player but he's probably been as good and we missed him when he was suspended.

Less than 200 tickets left for the Hearts end. They'll sell over the next few days.

There's now less than 100 tickets left & I'd imagine they'll all go by tomorrow .

Good chance they'll be more away fans than home fans unless the Dumfries public decide to turn up in numbers for a change .

It's going to be a cracking atmosphere on Saturday and like many other fans I can't wait .

It must have been down to Levein. I think they've just lost their way a wee bit in the past few years but reuniting in a fresh set up with a guy they've had success with has really worked for them. It's our best midfield since the Brellier/Hartley days.

Ha doubt that. I'd imagine it'll be big Sow, El Has and possibly Keatings starting. The pitch will be a leveler though I reckon. Should be a good match.

The pitch will make no difference at all

Our keeper (Alexander), back four (Paterson, Öztürk, Wilson, McHattie), plus Gomis and Buaben pretty much pick themselves.

In the final third it largely doesn't matter who starts right now: any two from King, Walker and Nicholson out wide, with either El Hassnaoui, Carrick or Holt in behind Sow or Keatings.

Really looking forward to this now.

Pretty much the only real away trip in this league. Even better with 3000 Hearts fans making the trip down.

Great support from Hearts!

I hope the Queens fans follow suit. A bad result last week but its not been a bad season so far, especially considering injuries.

I'm doing my bit; Coming from Dubai tomorrow morning!!

Says who?

Fowler.

“Danny looks set to miss out again which is disappointing. We thought he would be back in full training earlier this week however he is still touch and go.”

Also missing for fourth-placed Queen of the South, who are unbeaten at home in the Championship, are Mark Durnan, Chris Mitchell, Paul Burns, Stephen McKenna and Michael Paton.

The 33-year-old added: “It has been non-stop since I took over and adding Mark to that list is disappointing. I am getting to the stage that when I receive a text from the physio I do not want to open it!

“Our plans have needed to change as a result of Mark’s injury and we could be a bit short of central defenders as Chris Higgins is carrying a knock as well."

Source: http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/tough-start-for-new-boss-fowler/

Archived