Queen of the South v Hearts.

I did suggest last night that we agree to disagree. You choose not to take me up on it ;)

Youre obviously choosing to ignore the point, that the officials cant just guess if it went over the line or not, so theres no point in saying any more.

What we really should have been talking about is what a fantastic goal it was. When the ball comes into Sow, Dowie is looking pretty comfortable and must be thinking he is in control. Within a flash, Sow has taken a touch turned and rifled it into the top corner!

I dont think it was handball for the second goal, but Holt was clearly fouled by Sow when he made the first clearance. Fowler is beaten to easily but one of the centre halves really should have closed the ball down quicker. Third goal, Holt is asleep at the back post but Clark could come and taken the cross, in my opinion.

Yes, fair enough then. We'll call a truce that will probably be to the relief of everyone who's visited the thread.

Where I think we differ is in how absolute or otherwise we regard the notion of guesswork. I think it's largely what refereeing has to be about to some degree, such is the nature of the job. You evidently don't, but that's fine - we'll leave it there.

You're right about the goal itself - an absolutely stunning strike. We were in charge of the game at the time and apparently in control of the situation too. That however was one of those moments you see occasionally that reminds you of how different the various levels at which the game operates, are.

The other two goals were well worked and executed, but we could have improved in aspects of how we defended them. Hearts had other chances too of course, although we managed to trouble them at times too.

That Sow goal really was something else though and I don't think there's a thing we could have done about it.

The queens fans saying they had half there team out is a lie only two changes to the team that beat hibs

You absolute walloper!

As others have said, we have been missing several players all season. We were missing more of them yesterday.

It's simply a fact, which your hilarious ignorance doesn't change.

Please ignore him.

We will. The Hearts fans on here as well as the ones I came into contact with yesterday all seem a decent and level headed bunch. One moronically ignorant comment won't affect out continued 'love-in' :-) "There's always one!" ;-)

Nah. Even with us at full strength Rangers will have too much for us over a season IMO.

The big issue is if Hearts can stay ahead of Rangers. Good chance they can in my view but long long way to go.

Would like Hearts to stay ahead of the rangers and win the league . Doing this over a season though will take a huge effort because of the depth of the rangers squad . We, to my eternal frustration, have a good twelve or thirteen players that could match the top teams on any given day , but, will always fall down short if hit by injuries or suspensions. Queens have been playing this season so far with one foot tied behind our backs . Gomis is the best player I have ever seen in the 2nd tier. Makes everything look so easy and played the second half like a training game. Always available for and wanting the ball.

Would like Hearts to stay ahead of the rangers and win the league . Doing this over a season though will take a huge effort because of the depth of the rangers squad . We, to my eternal frustration, have a good twelve or thirteen players that could match the top teams on any given day , but, will always fall down short if hit by injuries or suspensions. Queens have been playing this season so far with one foot tied behind our backs . Gomis is the best player I have ever seen in the 2nd tier. Makes everything look so easy and played the second half like a training game. Always available for and wanting the ball.

We have an extremely strong squad as well now.

Carric, holt and Keatings who have played very well this season couldn't get a sniff and we brought on a player who was playing in la liga last season and Callum Paterson.

We have an extremely strong squad as well now.

Carric, holt and Keatings who have played very well this season couldn't get a sniff and we brought on a player who was playing in la liga last season and Callum Paterson.

Best of luck to Hertz then, seen as we won't be troubling you .

Our squad looks like this:

Alexander

Gallacher

Paterson Ozturk Wilson McHattie

McGhee(RB) McGhee(CB) McKay Eckersley

King Gomis Buaben Nicholson

Walker Pallardo Holt El Hassnaoui

Sow Carrick

El Hassnaoui Keatings

We have Smith and Oliver to come back from loans and the likes of Robinson, Beith, McKirdy, Henderson, Buchannan, Roy etc. In reserve.

I don't believe Rangers have a better starting 11 or bench than Hearts right now.

I reckon we will also see Robinson and possibly someone like McKay moved on to make way for a signing or two in January as well. Possibly an experienced CB or maybe even a loan player to give us an extra option and strengthen the squad for the challenge.

Rangers are heavily reliant on the fitness of Lewis MacLeod and Nicky Law IMO. Their fans hatred of Law is baffling. He's chipped in with decent goals already this season and looks their only midfielder outwith MacLeod that can turn the game with a bit of magic. Nicky Clarke has also been their only striker worthy of the name. Kris "stroll the league" Boyd is struggling. Their "good" players are getting on or are already over the hill. They'll be close by the entire season and will probably sit top at one point but I think we have enough in the squad to win this league. We have the best defence, best strike force and best midfield in the league. I'd also argue we have the best bench. No reason why we can't do it IMO.

Edited by Hearts Daft

Random off topic: do any Jambos know if Trainspotting's Tommy Kevin McKidd (as he will forever be known) is a Jambo?

Fairly certain I either saw him - or a stupendously accurate doppelganger - doing the rounds of the Dumfries pubs later in the evening.

Random off topic: do any Jambos know if Trainspotting's Tommy Kevin McKidd (as he will forever be known) is a Jambo?

Fairly certain I either saw him - or a stupendously accurate doppelganger - doing the rounds of the Dumfries pubs later in the evening.

This won't be much help at all, but I'm sure he's from the highlands or islands - haven't heard that he's a Jambo, but you never know.

edit: it would appear that Kevin McKidd studied at Edinburgh University then Queen Margaret University, so he's been around Edinburgh.

Edited by paranoid android

Games like that sometimes you dont mind losing so much. Very rarely do we get the chance to see such a good quality football. Some of Hearts play was a joy to behold and seeing players like Gomis oozing class in the middle and playing wee triangles will have been an education for the team. Cant wait to head to my favourite away day venue in Tynecastle.