Winton Rovers fc 14\15

Cazzy123

2 all draw at Dam Park yesterday on reflection may not be a bad result. Whitletts I reckon will get better and the only regret I have from yesterday may be the fact that we did dominate late on against their 10 men but couldn't sneak a winner. Winton still have a bit of work to do but P4 W2 D1 L1 isn't too bad at this stage. We've a cup tie next week against Lugar and that too will prove a good test.

Buffs look to be the dominant team in the league this year going by their goal scoring (27 in 5 games !). Darvel seem to be continuing where they left off last year so well done to Paddy. Annbank slipped up yesterday but with good wins v ourselves and Whitletts may be the dark horses. Kello are still the enigmatic side of the league - they're sitting 5th with a negative goal difference - so either they're hot or they're....well not. Rest of the clubs will not be push overs. Saltcoats will naturally be out to give us a hard time and I was pleased to see that Craigmark, well beaten yesterday, were still trying to play the game in the proper manner by all accounts.

2 all draw at Dam Park yesterday on reflection may not be a bad result. Whitletts I reckon will get better and the only regret I have from yesterday may be the fact that we did dominate late on against their 10 men but couldn't sneak a winner. Winton still have a bit of work to do but P4 W2 D1 L1 isn't too bad at this stage. We've a cup tie next week against Lugar and that too will prove a good test.

Buffs look to be the dominant team in the league this year going by their goal scoring (27 in 5 games !). Darvel seem to be continuing where they left off last year so well done to Paddy. Annbank slipped up yesterday but with good wins v ourselves and Whitletts may be the dark horses. Kello are still the enigmatic side of the league - they're sitting 5th with a negative goal difference - so either they're hot or they're....well not. Rest of the clubs will not be push overs. Saltcoats will naturally be out to give us a hard time and I was pleased to see that Craigmark, well beaten yesterday, were still trying to play the game in the proper manner by all accounts.

Fair post, I think there's a general consensus that the strengthening of teams such as Annbank, Kello etc. will make this a very unpredictable ADL season. Not that I expect either of they 2 to go up, but they will have a huge impact with points getting dropped all over the shop.

There are only maybe 1 or 2 teams who have noticeable deteriorated quite significantly in the last year, Saltcoats (along with Dalry?) probably one of those I'm sure you'll be glad to see - certainly wouldn't worry about them too much.

• 3 weeks later...

Buffs at home tomorrow which must be one of the games of the day? Anyway fair looking forward to it. Hopefully the rain stays away and we get a cracking game - the Ardagh Glass cup game was a draw but with the Buffs going great guns be interesting to see how this pans out. Plus of course we have faither and son in opposite dug oots !!

Good result for us yesterday. Buffs had a few good chances to level it but we held on. Ref was a bit dodgy but most of his mental decisions went wintons way.

Who were the wee fanni buffs fans that walked round to try and pick a fight wi old guys? Absolute bellends.

Archived