Falkirk v Alloa

This is the reason that Houston not getting Graham from Utd and not having a plan b is so infuriating.

Houston has his style, we all know that from his Utd days, but playing Loy as the lone striker when he should be the second striker or old fashioned number 10 just isn't happening for him.

Vaulks has to come on for Taiwo in the next game with Alstons place taken by Cooper.

Houston won't drop OTJ so we are stuck.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were dreadful for most of the first half and the first half of the second half.

Cracking goal, though. Thought McCracken was a tad lucky to stay on the pitch.

Alloa played some nice stuff.

That's about it.

Fair enough. I've seen Falkirk teams from the 60s and I don't think this one is that bad.

I was surprised to see that Falkirk were a bottom tier side for the first few years of my life (born in '78, fact fans). A particularly bad side, or was the old Second Division strong at the time?

Side note: A few years ago, I worked in a shop with a nasty old doormat recessed in the floor. The boss decided it needed to be replaced, so I got another and picked up the old one for disposal. Underneath was a copy of the Falkirk Herald from the early Eighties, the main headline of which was that East Stirling had just given Falkirk a good hiding in a league game. Chucked it in the bucket too because it was utterly manky, but it was a sign of the times that nobody in the shop would believe that East Stirling had ever beaten Falkirk, never mind quite handsomely :P

Why was the North Stand opened for the Alloa fans today when Cowdebeath and Dumbarton bring far more fans but get put in the West Stand?

Question for Falkirk but I'd guess it was based upon the fact that we brought around 400 to each of the games last season. One of those was at Christmas and the other was a crucial match on the final day of the season so no real surprise that we took fewer yesterday.

I was surprised to see that Falkirk were a bottom tier side for the first few years of my life (born in '78, fact fans). A particularly bad side, or was the old Second Division strong at the time?

Side note: A few years ago, I worked in a shop with a nasty old doormat recessed in the floor. The boss decided it needed to be replaced, so I got another and picked up the old one for disposal. Underneath was a copy of the Falkirk Herald from the early Eighties, the main headline of which was that East Stirling had just given Falkirk a good hiding in a league game. Chucked it in the bucket too because it was utterly manky, but it was a sign of the times that nobody in the shop would believe that East Stirling had ever beaten Falkirk, never mind quite handsomely :P

Apr 7th 1981-82 season Falkirk 0 Shire 3 (Shire relegated that season)

Shire were promoted with Falkirk at the end of 79/80

Shire haven't been in the same league as Falkirk since.

I'm not having that Loy is disinterested this season. Look at his performance away at Hibs playing as the lone striker. I've never seen so much work from a single person in one game before. Then on Saturday in the second half he was chasing down the defenders and making them play it out the park or miss playing it straight to our players. I know he's been isolated for most of the games this season as the long ball game doesn't suit him but I can't ever say I've seen Rory Loy give up.

Anyone who says Loy is disinterested does not understand the game. He has not been scoring as he has been forced to move back to get the ball as no one was putting it through to him. That shows his desire to succeed. In the second half on Saturday for the first time this season he was getting service in the attacking area and was very unlucky not to score. For Loy to score he needs the ball in the attacking area and not be forced to go and find it. His energy is amazing but is put to better use when he is able to drive at defences not chase about midfield frustrated with no service.

Archived