Threave Rovers

CD_Bhoy78

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were terrible today, deserved nothing from the game. Not often i blame individuals but David Renyard should hang his head in shame! 2-1 down with 25 mins played & he gets a straight red card! The boy went down a bit theatrically but it was a definate Headbutt and Renners totally let his teammates and the fans down. Greeny in goals had a shocker too, I think Wrighto might get his chance between the sticks next week.

Thats 2 home game's we should have been taking maximum points from & we've taken 1! There's definately potential in the front 2 in Anderson & Milligan, both particularly Anderson were our best 2 on the park today but need a lot of work everywhere else, i think players have to stop taking the pet when there getting dropped & start working harder to get in the team.

Looking forward to the trip to EK next week, we perform much better on the road than at home imo

We were terrible today, deserved nothing from the game. Not often i blame individuals but David Renyard should hang his head in shame! 2-1 down with 25 mins played & he gets a straight red card! The boy went down a bit theatrically but it was a definate Headbutt and Renners totally let his teammates and the fans down. Greeny in goals had a shocker too, I think Wrighto might get his chance between the sticks next week.

Thats 2 home game's we should have been taking maximum points from & we've taken 1! There's definately potential in the front 2 in Anderson & Milligan, both particularly Anderson were our best 2 on the park today but need a lot of work everywhere else, i think players have to stop taking the pet when there getting dropped & start working harder to get in the team.

Looking forward to the trip to EK next week, we perform much better on the road than at home imo

Very disappointing all over the park today with the exception of Steven Rudd who probably was our best player, the rest need to have a look at themselves.

Very disappointing all over the park today with the exception of Steven Rudd who probably was our best player, the rest need to have a look at themselves.

I personally disagree, Ruddy for me is a ball playing centre half & all the defence did was punt balls into the wind up the field, Personally i thought the front two did very little wrong and worked tirelessly for 90 minutes, particularly Ian Anderson, took his goal well was always trying to win & did win plenty of balls he had no right to and was unlucky not to score more.

I thought both Iain Anderson and Scott Milligan were two of not many to get pass marks for Gretna today. Most of the rest were disappointing.

Threave certainly coped better with the blustery conditions and deserved the three points.

I personally disagree, Ruddy for me is a ball playing centre half & all the defence did was punt balls into the wind up the field, Personally i thought the front two did very little wrong and worked tirelessly for 90 minutes, particularly Ian Anderson, took his goal well was always trying to win & did win plenty of balls he had no right to and was unlucky not to score more.

IAIN

I know how I would read it if I was any other Threave player.

I would say Gretna v Threave head to head will be 5 v 2 (1 draw) in favour of Threave now. Is that entirely down to Vinnie???

No, mainly down to us being crap when we play them.

Or as Cicero says,being consistently inconsistent.

No, mainly down to us being crap when we play them.

Or as Cicero says,being consistently inconsistent.

There comes a point where if a team is consistently crap against a specific team then you have to suggest that the other team were good against them- although not necessarily a better side overall. Fed up when fans, players and managers bemoan the fact their team were crap without giving credit to the opposition that made them crap that day.

You ask the majority of players in last years LL what spartans were like an they'd say 'no very good they just get lucky at times'. Indeed, the same thing is starting to be said of city this year- it's a blinkered view that holds a lot of teams and players back. Rather than focus on improvement, they'll search for a wee excuse as a way of making themselves feel better.

If your the Threave manager you've got the easiest job in the world to motivate your team.

Pin the pre match notes on Gretna social media and website on to the changing room wall and ask them to read it.

The only thing standing between the mighty Gretna and 3pts is Vinnie Parker.......

Oh there's the bite on the arse.....

I echo these comments wholeheartedly. The Queens Park fans commented on a blog we had submitted where we had said that they were doing terrible and Gretna could replace them in League football next season, this wasn't the case as Queens Park were doing and are doing very well in the Scots League 2 this season. Having read the blog this week I must admit I thought highlighting the fact Threave have been terrible this season and I quote "on paper they should provide no contest for the massive array of talent Gretna manager Stuart Rome has worked tirelessly to assemble" basically wrote their managers teamtalk & they certainly played like that was the case.

As I say this isn't picked out the sky, this is the case as informed by Threave players/coaching staff before and after the game

Still think that I'd be disappointed if I was attached to threave that it took a bit of goading on an online blog to get them winning. Where had the quality and application been for the previous 12 games?

Well that was a real coupon buster. Credit and congratulations to Threave for their first league win of the season, will this spur them on to others and a climb up the table?

yeah I certainly didn't see this one coming that's for sure but credit to threave for coming off bottom of the league they have taken 4 points from dalbeattie and gretna is it just the derbies they can get up for?

yeah I certainly didn't see this one coming that's for sure but credit to threave for coming off bottom of the league they have taken 4 points from dalbeattie and gretna is it just the derbies they can get up for?

Went to the game on Saturday and have to admit I didn't see this one coming either tbh. However credit to them for taking all three points but the team still needs some quality to lift them further up the table. But I will enjoy this result its a nice change.

Archived