Threave Rovers

CD_Bhoy78

Good on Threave winning, he says from gritted teeth! Nice wee ground.

Was there start of last season, hope they stay up.

Nearly a home game for me.

Means I don't have to race for the boat and get a speeding ticket!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preston Athletic 6-0 Threave Rovers

Took in this game this afternoon... 3-0 at HT rather flattered Preston as Threave had a number of excruciating misses as well as hitting the post. Had both XIs gone in tied at 2-2 it wouldn't have seemed unreasonable... Second half there was a real gulf between the teams though, with Preston scoring 3 (4th in the first attack from the kick-off, 5th a bad og, and 6th a sensational run, cut inside and swinging rocket). Threave seemed to just fade away. They made a triple substitution, I think at 5-0, which put some energy back into things and to their credit they kept trying to score right to the end... So the Threave revival comes to a shuddering halt and the Preston revival finally gets some traction in spectacular fashion. Things starting to bunch-up at foot of LL and it could well be a 3-way battle between Edinburgh Uni, Threave and Preston to avoid bottom and potential relegation. But play like today and Preston will be eyeing a rapid rise.

Finally a mention for the Preston youngsters who kept-up some chanting during the 2nd half. Unusual at run-of-the-mill non-league games nowadays. And I suspect Threave's players would be agreeing with the sentiment at 6-0: "Threave Rovers, just want to go home".

Archived