Threave Rovers

CD_Bhoy78

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off the park threave rovers are second to none.on the park,complete shambles.there is a myth that buff knows what he's talking about,i think performances and results are showing otherwise.i would imagine he's only still there cos in the south area there is not many more options if any!! Shame to see cos threave were once a team to be feared in the east.

Off the park threave rovers are second to none.on the park,complete shambles.there is a myth that buff knows what he's talking about,i think performances and results are showing otherwise.i would imagine he's only still there cos in the south area there is not many more options if any!! Shame to see cos threave were once a team to be feared in the east.

With you on this one. I think if they were in an area with a bigger pool if potential coaches- within 30 miles of glasgow or edinburgh then he'd be gone.

I've posted on a number of occasions that I applaud what they have done off the park- but on the park they risk all of that by not being able to compete and could be relegated. I'm no expert on fitba in d and g but how much are the players to blame as people always seem keen to blame a manager or committee rather than players- is this the case with threave?

Who can actually answer? There used to be a rake of threave fans on here when they were bossing the south league- a lot quieter now.......

Constantly hear that Threave squad is full of young players - as if that is an excuse. Well Dalbeattie Star's squad has as many, if not more young players in their squad and they're not doing too badly. (Would be doing a lot better if we could learn to win at home mind you!)

• 2 weeks later...

There is no doubt about it they are struggling big time. Dolly and Struts have been very poor since returning and looking at the bench against City there is nobody there to put them under pressure. Have to agree with the City fans they did ok in first half but you only have to look at the goals scored this season to see where part of the problems are. On the subject of the younger players some of the senior players would struggle to get a game in the south on performances this season. The Club need to back the Manager here to get better players in before it is too late. Buff has already stated he can get the players but it would cost a bit to get them there. The ground is first class its now time to invest in players if they want to compete in the Lowland League. Now that the Chairman has access to a PC I hope he takes on board the concerns of the supporters on here. BTW the attendance on Sat was very low considering there were games played on Friday night. More results like this will drive even more supporters elsewhere. Honeymoon is over Mr McVitie and Committee its time for results ON THE PARK

No doubt Vinnie will play his usual blinder against us and one of the previously mis-firing strikers will score on Saturday to turn the season around.

Seriously though, I wish Threave all the best. They are a smashing friendly club who deserve a bit of good luck. (Starting after next Saturday though)

No doubt Vinnie will play his usual blinder against us and one of the previously mis-firing strikers will score on Saturday to turn the season around. Seriously though, I wish Threave all the best. They are a smashing friendly club who deserve a bit of good luck. (Starting after next Saturday though)

I wish them luck for the rest of the season too. It's a nice trip out & long may it continue.

Grimbo

There is no doubt about it they are struggling big time. Dolly and Struts have been very poor since returning and looking at the bench against City there is nobody there to put them under pressure. Have to agree with the City fans they did ok in first half but you only have to look at the goals scored this season to see where part of the problems are. On the subject of the younger players some of the senior players would struggle to get a game in the south on performances this season. The Club need to back the Manager here to get better players in before it is too late. Buff has already stated he can get the players but it would cost a bit to get them there. The ground is first class its now time to invest in players if they want to compete in the Lowland League. Now that the Chairman has access to a PC I hope he takes on board the concerns of the supporters on here. BTW the attendance on Sat was very low considering there were games played on Friday night. Moor results like this will drive even more supporters elsewhere. Honeymoon is over Mr McVitie and Committee its time for results ON THE PARK

Here here..! Couldn't agree more with this.

Threave badly need about 6 or 7 players if not they will finish bottom of this league

Not sure how many they need, but they seem to be the only team not progressing on the park. Uni picking up wins now and Preston with new management. Double figures might be enough to not finish bottom and threave will struggle to get that this year IMO.

Not sure how many they need, but they seem to be the only team not progressing on the park. Uni picking up wins now and Preston with new management. Double figures might be enough to not finish bottom and threave will struggle to get that this year IMO.

yeah I ageee can't see threave picking up many points this season

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I ageee can't see threave picking up many points this season

Got to agree. Cant see where they are going to get any points from. And cant see where they will get any players to improve the team. I don't think there are any locally to improve them enough to start winning enough games. (minimum 4 or 5 wins + draws) to avoid relegation.

Threave's problem is the side that was so successful for them was streets ahead of the rest of the teams in the region that the club as a whole became complacent, they lost all there best players never bothered to go out and get the best youngsters in the league like the done before and Dalbeattie have beaten them to it and that's why they are the strongest side in the region. I no the rovers still have a a few players that where involved in there dominate era but you could say they lads are struggling with the lack of quality they now have in there squad.

Archived