BSC Glasgow v Spartans

Craigyboy

Looking forward to today's game, be good to see Dougie and his players at Lochburn Park. Home debut for me and Kingy so we are hoping to get a decent performance against the champions.....will be a tough match though.

Went to the game today, I thought BSC were excellent in first half and were more than a match for Spartans. However I thought fitness told in second half, and Spartans pulled away. I don't know what kind of pre season or training the previous management gave the players, because they looked a bit unfit. However, I am sure the new management will whip them into shape.

Looking at your posts patches, you clearly know the ins and outs of the club......I'm pretty sure you've been privy to all training thus far so no need to query what the training might have been as I'm sure you've witnessed it yourself.

Late goals against Edinburgh uni and East Kilbride as well as a second half comeback versus Selkirk doesn't suggest fitness is an issue. Also, fitness levels are lost 3 times quicker than they are gained (proven) so levels of fitness are far easier to lose than to improve.

By all accounts though, you're very excited about the clubs potential this season, all the best.

Went to the game today, I thought BSC were excellent in first half and were more than a match for Spartans. However I thought fitness told in second half, and Spartans pulled away. I don't know what kind of pre season or training the previous management gave the players, because they looked a bit unfit. However, I am sure the new management will whip them into shape.

.maybe the old management was building a team and to get a team like that on the park in 2mths they deserve credit

Looking at your posts patches, you clearly know the ins and outs of the club......I'm pretty sure you've been privy to all training thus far so no need to query what the training might have been as I'm sure you've witnessed it yourself.

Late goals against Edinburgh uni and East Kilbride as well as a second half comeback versus Selkirk doesn't suggest fitness is an issue. Also, fitness levels are lost 3 times quicker than they are gained (proven) so levels of fitness are far easier to lose than to improve.

By all accounts though, you're very excited about the clubs potential this season, all the best.

.well said this man

To be honest I cannot comment on training methods of JB as I didn't see enough of them to form an honest opinion. I was merely commenting on what appeared to be a lack of fitness. I have been to last 2 matches and on both occasions the team have fallen out of the game in second half.

I do believe the club has potential, and I think this season is a case of finding their feet and building a base for next season.

Just to re emphasise one of my original points, 3 matches where BSC gained success late on.......not to mention late goals versus both Threave and Preston also, to me, doesn't suggest fitness has always been an issue in the second half of matches.

Losing goals results in lack of confidence and without doubt some players heads go down. This can easily be perceived as lack of fitness.......how about lack of motivation as another factor? 4-1 down with 25 minutes to go and some players find it hard to stay motivated and work to their full potential.

Just to re emphasise one of my original points, 3 matches where BSC gained success late on.......not to mention late goals versus both Threave and Preston also, to me, doesn't suggest fitness has always been an issue in the second half of matches.

Losing goals results in lack of confidence and without doubt some players heads go down. This can easily be perceived as lack of fitness.......how about lack of motivation as another factor? 4-1 down with 25 minutes to go and some players find it hard to stay motivated and work to their full potential.

All fair points. I cannot comment on Selkirk or Preston game as I wasn't there, however I am sure confidence is a big factor and adrenalin gives you extra energy reserves? It was always going to be a steep learning curve I think, and as I said above it was credit to John Brogan that he brought a team together.

Tbh mate I dont think patches was having a go. Think he was merley statitng his opinion on what he has witnessed first hand. Weather he is right or wrong is a different matter. Cheers

In the three matches that i have seen i would say that bsc do have a fitness problem but not all the players as in every team some players are naturally fit and can cope with 90 minutes but at this level you cannot carry passengers but they seem to drop out of games half way through and then get their second wind and that could account for the late results that they have had in some matches the new coaching staff will get this team as fit as any other in the league and I suggest we will see a massive difference in their fitness in the months to come also let's not forget who they were playing to do i thought they played very well against the champions and if we hadn't missed a good chance to make it 2-2 then who knows what could have happened

I too was at the game & Glasgow started off at full pelt & dominated the 1st 15 minutes but it doesn't matter how fit the players are no team could sustain that level of pace. The Glasgow goal woke us up & we soon turned it around, 2 quick goals for us. It was an enteraining game though & at 1/2 time 2-1 it's still open. 2nd 1/2 & with us playing down the slight slope we commanded 90% of the play, Willie Bremner score what must be a contender for Goal of the Season but I'll let yous all judge for yourselves when I put the highlighs up later.

My 1st time at Lochend Park & I thought it was brilliant.

Grimbo

I too was at the game & Glasgow started off at full pelt & dominated the 1st 15 minutes but it doesn't matter how fit the players are no team could sustain that level of pace. The Glasgow goal woke us up & we soon turned it around, 2 quick goals for us. It was an enteraining game though & at 1/2 time 2-1 it's still open. 2nd 1/2 & with us playing down the slight slope we commanded 90% of the play, Willie Bremner score what must be a contender for Goal of the Season but I'll let yous all judge for yourselves when I put the highlighs up later.

My 1st time at Lochend Park & I thought it was brilliant.

Grimbo

LochBURN. Easy mistake for someone from Edinburgh though... :)

LochBURN. Easy mistake for someone from Edinburgh though... :)

Oh shite, I've put LochEND on the highlights, there's no way I'm gonna re do all that, sorry to all the folk of Lochburn. Highlights should be up in about an hour.

Grimbo

Oh shite, I've put LochEND on the highlights, there's no way I'm gonna re do all that, sorry to all the folk of Lochburn. Highlights should be up in about an hour.

Grimbo

Was that you standing on the steps of the social club Grim? I could see someone from other side filming. Not a bad filming spot to be honest.

Was that you standing on the steps of the social club Grim? I could see someone from other side filming. Not a bad filming spot to be honest.

Yeah that was me, it's an ace vantage point to film from, mind maybe not if it's pishing it down like. But the footballing weather gods were on our side yesterday.

Highlights will be up in the League Champions tv thread shortly. (it's till uploading ffs).

Grimbo

Archived