Amazing history : Germany 7--1 Brazil

Lonecai

I watched this in the fan mile in Berlin. Seeing the Germans become gradually less enthusiastic with each goal to the point of all looking quite embarrassed was the most German thing I've ever seen, I think the only person there who found it hilarious by the end was me.

I had absolutely no sympathy for Brazil though. This chat about how anything other than winning the competition would be a national disaster wound me right up, what a bunch of deluded arseholes. If losing a final narrowly is a national disaster, what is getting utterly humiliated in the semi's? Their team was average as f**k apart from a few exceptions, the only reason any of them could've thought they had a great chance was because they're Brazil and Brazil aren't usually pish.

In terms of a team and its fans getting brought back to reality, it was the finest "telt" in football history.

Loved it. the brazilians arrogance stunk. Never a more deluded country.

It was the worst brazil side iv ever seen. Germans were clinical as usual.

That's the thing, the majority of Brazilians I spoke to didn't actually think they were going to win it.

It's the worst Brazil side I've ever seen, but nobody expected the hammering they got. Thomas Muller actually came out and said they went easy in the second half.

I loved every second of that game.

Archived