Best left backs?

StuartJag

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is the order for the lb role in terms of ability, who have I got in the wrong order etc?

Mulgrew

Shinnie

Forsyth

Robertson

Wallace

Hammell

Easton

Ats

Agreed

Mulgrew is a great player and has shown he can play in several roles further forward in the field and along the back line. Shinnie is the same, can play RB, RW and LW aswell as being the Scottish Premierships best left back. Not seen much of Forsyth, but Robertson and Wallace are good, but not as good as made out. Ats is a great player would have him ahead of Hammell and Easton but he made a stupid move to Wigan.

EDIT-

Mulgrew

Forsyth

Shinnie

Robertson

Wallace

ATS

Hammell

Easton

Agreed

Mulgrew is a great player and has shown he can play in several roles further forward in the field and along the back line. Shinnie is the same, can play RB, RW and LW aswell as being the Scottish Premierships best left back. Not seen much of Forsyth, but Robertson and Wallace are good, but not as good as made out. Ats is a great player would have him ahead of Hammell and Easton but he made a stupid move to Wigan.

yep hence why I put him lower, think he'll lack playing time , shame as he was a good player

When everyone is fit, Robertson will start LB for us.

He is first choice because he is the best we have.

We have a few decent back ups, although if it were up to me Mulgrew wouldn't be considered LB for the national team unless a few others were injured. He's too slow to play there and he's better in CDM.

Would say Robertson is the best we have right now natural left footed and can get forward and attack and equally defend has the pace to

Bardsley although right footed would be my second choice in there has always got the job done and also has a vicious shot on him

Liked what I saw of Mulgrew in there against Croatia were he set up a goal and managed to get forward and create has a wond of a left peg

Whittaker even done a good shift against the Germans can be hot and cold but when is on form can be a affective player even right footed like Bardsley

Forsyth at Derby looks strong and athletic good at getting forward and creating ex midfield so can also take a chance if it drops to him

Dixon done well when he played for us to showing that we have plenty of cover and options that we can trust and count on going forward in the group

Danny Fox needs to start games at Forrest to another natural left sider that is ex midfield that loves to bomb forward has a great cross on him like Dixon

Archived