2015 Holiday/Travel Plans

Andy Dufresne

Well I'm a student but will be able to work the summer so thinking about September so can save up for spending money. Due a tax rebate in April and might get 2 weeks work at Easter so might be able to have flights and accommodation paid for by then so in the summer will just need spending money which won't be a problem to save up for!

Some people say New York is great but say its good to see other places i would like to see a few places up the east coast but your obviously talking more money and more time which I'm not sure we will have! Think will do 5 nights and one of which spent in DC seeing the tourist shite and i'll be happy but there are a lot of places i want to see!

I would say if you stay 5 nights in New York you'll still come away with so much you've not seen and done.

I love the place so am slightly biased but if you can get 5nights for a reasonable price then take it. You'll love it. Could spend days just wandering around Manhattan. So much to do.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say if you stay 5 nights in New York you'll still come away with so much you've not seen and done.

I love the place so am slightly biased but if you can get 5nights for a reasonable price then take it. You'll love it. Could spend days just wandering around Manhattan. So much to do.

We got a bit carried away and thought we could see a lot more than we could afford! New York would be a good start but i would eventually like to see all over the place but we probably can't do that this year :(

Cheers mate. We've seen a few websites of hire places and it seems pretty good prices. I think we are just leaving the lift passes until we are there though.

We fly out at half 1 ish 31st january for a week you?

Same flight as me mate. Bring on the après.

In response to the Hamburg question, Think a pint was about €5/6, you usually get a token for the glass that when you take back up to the bar you get a euro back.

ladies were of a lower standard than amsterdam i would say, although hardly seen any, only remember seeing 3 the whole time i was there.

Reeperbahn was alright, always seemed to end up on Beatlesplatz but cant actually remember much about it.

Florida - Canni wait to meet some Minions! :)

When you off?

We were there this october and it was the only ride when didn't go on in Universal, got in one morning at 10 past 8 and the queue was already right round the building.

Every time I see 'Florida' I get excited, can't wait to get back - just hope the weather is as good as it was in October.

Going to head over to Dublin for Scotland game in June now but not sure if we are going to fly direct or get train and ferry via Belfast. Only going to be a one night stay. Might squeeze in an long weekend in London around one of the NFL games.

Never tried snow boarding but I do fancy it! Never actually had a skiing holiday either, me and 2 of my mates booked it cause we aren't students now so have money but one pulled out. Will be good, a few others wish they were coming now.

Have you hired your snowboard etc before going? And lift pass? Quite confused

Austria is great ...apart from the Umpa Umpa music, there will be dozens of shops for hiring gear , and lift passes will be available in various places..just ask your hotel and they'll sort you out with everything you need...

Im off to Val Thorens on Saturday!

2 bits of advice..

1) wear a helmet dont be fashion victim or idiot.

2) get SKI insurance , this covers you for an accident on the mountain if you dont have it you're fuked.

I'm off for a short tour of north India in a couple of weeks time. I live in Bangalore at the moment so only a two and a half hour flight north.

Doing 2 nights in New Delhi, 1 night in Agra (Doing a sunset and then sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal) and finishing off with 2 night in Jaipur. Going to be a fantastic experience. Would be rude to come all the way out here to live for 12months and not make the effort to go and see the Taj Mahal!

Sounds good Mitch. How you enjoying the south? Managed to get around Karnataka yet or venture to Kerala?

Been a bit lazy to be honest. Done some touristy stuff around Bangalore but that is about it. I ended up heading back to the UK for more than 2 weeks around Christmas, which wasnt initially planned. This trip up north will be the first I've really done.

Saying that I'm off to Manila for a week with work and up to Mumbai in March also. Good to see a bit more of the world when it doesn't cost you anything!!

Driving to Corby in Northamptonshire for a wedding at the end of May, the next day Im taking the Eurostar then driving down to St Remy de Provence in the south of France. Hired a log cabin there and the campsite has a pool, bar and things to entertain the wee one, the drive back will hurt.

In September we're going back to France to Chamonix, the in-laws have hired quite a big Chalet there which has sauna,hot-tub, games room, TV room etc. Its pretty sweet. The downside is, Chamonix is very expensive (around £8 a beer) so i will be working overtime like a dog all year to pay for my dinner.

Driving to Corby in Northamptonshire for a wedding at the end of May, the next day Im taking the Eurostar then driving down to St Remy de Provence in the south of France. Hired a log cabin there and the campsite has a pool, bar and things to entertain the wee one, the drive back will hurt.

In September we're going back to France to Chamonix, the in-laws have hired quite a big Chalet there which has sauna,hot-tub, games room, TV room etc. Its pretty sweet. The downside is, Chamonix is very expensive (around £8 a beer) so i will be working overtime like a dog all year to pay for my dinner.

Where on Earth were you drinking? I paid between 5 and 6 Euros a pint and there were so many happy hours and pitcher deals it was often the same or less than you'd pay in an average Glasgow city centre pub

Where on Earth were you drinking? I paid between 5 and 6 Euros a pint and there were so many happy hours and pitcher deals it was often the same or less than you'd pay in an average Glasgow city centre pub

The happy hour was between 4-6 in most places (it was out of season), i wasn't really looking to get tanked up that early but did have a couple in the Monkey Bar and that Irish one beside it. I forget its name.

But we were going out for dinner mostly so it was probably restaurant beer prices i was paying.

Prague and Olomouc in April, need to be in Slovakia from August so will try and fit a couple of weeks travelling in beforehand.

Going to try and do a lot more travelling in Scotland too, probably using the Highland Rover pass for an Oban/Mull/Mallaig/Skye/Kyle of Lochalsh itinerary.

Abandoning the plan return to Ibiza as all my friends would rather spend a week with there Mrs then get smashed in the sun.

At the moment planning a long weekend down south (Manchester at the moment) & Dublin for the football.

Quite interested in heading up to Shetland, somewhere I've never been so going to take a serious look at that.

No holidays last year - no money. A year past last October I was up in the Mallaig area. Surprisingly for the time of year the weather was actually really good and I went out to Canna.

It made me realise I've not been to very many of the Scottish islands, I've never been to the Outer Hebrides and I've not even crossed over to Skye despite traveling right up and down the mainland coast.

If I go anywhere this year it'll probably be to a Scottish island or two (or three).

Archived