2015 Holiday/Travel Plans

Andy Dufresne

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paris (well, 90km from) in September. Will definitely include a trip to Disney.

La Croix du Vieux Pont? Nice enough site & they run a bus to Disney on Wednesdays (or they did when I took my kids many years ago!)

However, Parc Asterix was a far, far better day out than Disney and it's easier to get to. If you can afford both, then great, but if you can only get to one of them, I would choose Asterix every time. There are more rides with height restrictions than Disney though, so it's more aimed at older kids

http://www.parcasterix.fr/en/home

La Croix du Vieux Pont? Nice enough site & they run a bus to Disney on Wednesdays (or they did when I took my kids many years ago!)

However, Parc Asterix was a far, far better day out than Disney and it's easier to get to. If you can afford both, then great, but if you can only get to one of them, I would choose Asterix every time. There are more rides with height restrictions than Disney though, so it's more aimed at older kids

http://www.parcasterix.fr/en/home

Aye, it looks great. We'll be hiring a car so will likely drive rather than bus.

I'll have a look at Asterix, we hadn't really considered that. Cheers.

Decided to go away in September after,11 nights All Inclusive in Costa Teguise Lanzarote.

Norwegian Airlines ads are following me about offering daftly cheap flights, like £30 odd each way from Gatwick to Grand Canaria in May. Not sure if they do Lanzarote.

Off to Mayrhofen in Austria for a weeks skiing at the end of January! Can't wait!

Same, I am flying out form Edinburgh on the 31st. Although I am not a queer, I snowboard 8)

Just booked 2 weeks in Thailand in April. 4 nights Bangkok and 10 nights in Koh Samui. Going with the wife so nothing dodgy :P

Off to Mayrhofen in Austria for a weeks skiing at the end of January! Can't wait!

Make sure to grab a bite to eat at Gasser deli. It's straight across the road from the Penken gondola, and the food is tremendous.

Ireland June for Scotland game

London July for a long weekend

Georgia September for Scotland game

Faro October for Scotland game

Hoping Scotland play Costa Rica in London in May, would be another good wee jaunt down, maybe looking into going away with the missus to a log cabin later on in the year too.

Valletta, Malta; Port Said, Egypt; Safaga, Egypt; Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt; Muscat, Oman; Fujairah, UAE; Abu Dhabi, UAE and Dubai, UAE all coming up this month, then start next month with Mumbai, India; Cochin, India; Galle, Sri Lanka; Port Blair, India - then an overnight in Rangoon, then Kuala Lumpur and home on 14th Feb.

Me and the mrs were planning just going to NYC for 5 days this year but now we are wanting a full 2 weeks in the states and go to Florida as well. i want to do a proper sight seeing holiday and travel a lot but she wants 10 days in Florida beaching it up and doing the tacky shite then going new york at the end. I would rather see places like New Orleans then travel up the coast and see Washington Philadelphia and maybe even Boston before New York but can't seem to agree

Florida will be sound but you don't really get to a good feel of the USA from staying there as its just touristy pish that we can do anywhere

I have Munich in April, Portugal in October for the Scotland game and I am currently trying to plan a short 4 or 5 day break in July in the sun with my girlfriend that isn't mega, mega expensive but nice (destination preference at the moment is Dubai)

Archived