Gotham

Ira Gaines

I really, really like The Penguin, he's been excellent so far. Not so sure about Gordon's partner, bit too much of a caricature, especially in that last episode when he was "looking for information" (food cart bit especially), but other than that I've really enjoyed the first 3 episodes. Major scope for plenty of seasons and storylines as well!

sticker,375x360.u12.png

I'm gonnae get tore in about this, but my wife doesn't fancy it. Hauners required, please - give me some reviews/ positive comments about the show that I can throw at her to persuade her to give it a whirl.

Tuned in tonight which I enjoyed more than I thought I would. However, thought they went a bit overboard in giving the nod to so many of the villain characters in one episode.

Like many have said Penguin looks to be a cracker. Only characters I didn't like were Bruce and Alfred! :lol: hopefully fringe characters anyway

I usually like Sean Pertwee but not a big fan of Alfred either. Not really buying into Mooney either. She's not bad either. Penguin is a total show stealer, Gordon is terrific and MacKenzie is filling big boots very well, and the rest of the characters are quite good.

I though the first episode was shit, with terrible acting to boot. The only highlight was Ben McKenzie as JG. Sean Pertwee as Alfred is a poor choice, the Riddler was awful as was the Penquin. Jada Pinkett Smith is shocking and Logue isn't much better. The pilot for Arrow was far better.

I honestly can't see myself staying enticed with this season being stretched out to 22 episodes for this season. I'm not complaining at the moment, but I can see the show ending up similar to the mundane back 9 of Arrow season 1 for the sake of churning out episodes, rather than trying to tell a story. Network television really does make me feel like it goes out of it's way to destroy good shows sometimes.

I honestly can't see myself staying enticed with this season being stretched out to 22 episodes for this season. I'm not complaining at the moment, but I can see the show ending up similar to the mundane back 9 of Arrow season 1 for the sake of churning out episodes, rather than trying to tell a story. Network television really does make me feel like it goes out of it's way to destroy good shows sometimes.

It seemed to be to be more like Agents of Shield, dropping a few little hints to various things along the way, and hopefully building to a huge climax late.

The obvious disadvantage for Gotham with this plan is that it doesn't have an integrated universe like AoS did with Captain America.

I though the first episode was shit, with terrible acting to boot. The only highlight was Ben McKenzie as JG. Sean Pertwee as Alfred is a poor choice, the Riddler was awful as was the Penquin. Jada Pinkett Smith is shocking and Logue isn't much better. The pilot for Arrow was far better.

I've also been a bit disappointed with Bruce and Alfred. I read originally that Alfred was based on the Earth One version, in which case Pertwee is a brilliant casting choice. Hopefully he gets to show it.

Just watched the first episode. It was okay, I will probably give it a go but it might be one of those shows I lose interest in pretty quickly. I love Ben McKenzie through Southland so I would like it to do well but it seems like it might be TV by numbers and not as good as some of the other recent TV adaptations from DC, Marvel etc.