Ayr sign Paul Slane

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear he's been reduced to dragging his tired old act around the Working Men's Clubs of Inverclyde - paid in beer and by being allowed to pass a bucket around at the end of the evening. The adverts outside the Clubs are using the strap line from his signature to try to pull in the punters, so far without much success as nobody in Inverclyde knows what influential means.

He's apparently trying to raise the funds to buy himself a thesaurus but he's only raised £2.36 to date, but he's quoted to have been, to coin a phrase, "unlucky".

And only after that humiliation, did Paul Slane sign for a laughing stock like Ayr United.

Just like HB on the indyref forum, even if he ends up being right everyone will look back and laugh at VT mashing his fists against his keyboard at rage at people defying his completely watertight odds-based prognostication.

What were the odds on Morten getting relegated at the start of last season?

Paul is a really humble guy. He played a few trialist games for lowland team this season and he was miles ahead. Boy has so much ability and has been training full Time with Motherwell till recently. I'm sure he will be a great addition for Ayr.

• 4 months later...

Great signing I reckon. As his fitness improves he'll stand out at this level and will step up again no bother. Hopefully with us.

Just over four months later in the same season: released, as not even being good enough for hapless, relegation-battling minnows Ayr United.

You've certainly got an eye for a player. Not that this is the only example of abject failure in this thread, naturally:

Top of the league. Unbeaten against Morten without conceding = pleasing.

Bookies mean hee haw. Back in your box!

So tell me, how's that working out for you?

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Morton to fail but sneak past Dunfermline through the play-offs as Ayr United, with full time status and new owner, finish top of a tight top 4.

Odds that, bookies!

Presumably they've closed that book already.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

What were the odds on Morten getting relegated at the start of last season?

Certainly lower that the 1500/1 odds being offered on your rabble to win the league now. Gutted for you, once again.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Just checking, that's the hapless minnows you can't beat?

Ayr's current situation, like most things in lower league Scottish football are, is cyclic. I'll probably be chucking money in a bucket outside Cappielow sometime in the future.

Just checking, that's the hapless minnows you can't beat?

Doesn't look like we'll need to either: thanks for playing anyway.

Ayr's current situation, like most things in lower league Scottish football are, is cyclic.

11 consecutive years spent in Morton's long, cold dark shadow. IA period in which you were relegated four times.

No league titles for 18 years.

No top flight football for 37 years.

No major trophy wins in the entire existence of your club.

A "cyclic" pattern then, only in the sense that your side shuffle along pointlessly from abject failure to yet another abject failure.

Gutted for you.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

What a waste of your time. Being a supporter, i'm well aware of the history of the club.

Nice to see we agree however. I've started a collection of 2p pieces for the inevitable implosion

Ignore him, his tedious trolling inevitably results in a massive backfire when Morten make a massive arse of things......meaning he has to sit and stew on his "witty bantz" until he thinks the coast is clear and people forget about Rowan Vine, Garry O'Conner, Kenny Shields, shipping 10 (ten) goals to Hamilton, Getting pumped out the cup to a lowland league team (and these are only this years)

At least for the last three months he's been able to vent his built up sexual tension on the Ayr threads, it is almost like a care in the community project for him

Ignore him, his tedious trolling inevitably results in a massive backfire when Morten make a massive arse of things......meaning he has to sit and stew on his "witty bantz" until he thinks the coast is clear and people forget about Rowan Vine, Garry O'Conner, Kenny Shields, shipping 10 (ten) goals to Hamilton, Getting pumped out the cup to a lowland league team (and these are only this years)

At least for the last three months he's been able to vent his built up sexual tension on the Ayr threads, it is almost like a care in the community project for him

His balls will drop soon and he will start to get a tingly feeling in them when he looks at girls (or boys whatever floats his boat) then he still start to w**k over them rather than a team who the majority of his fellow fans dont give a toss about. He does sometimes make me regret that 50p donation all those years ago when his team had the begging bowl out like Oliver Twist........Something else Morton have done that Ayr United haven't.

What a waste of your time. Being a supporter, i'm well aware of the history of the club.

Nice to see we agree however. I've started a collection of 2p pieces for the inevitable implosion

Then why did you falsely claim that it was cyclical, when in fact you have had no success of note whatsoever?

His balls will drop soon and he will start to get a tingly feeling in them when he looks at girls (or boys whatever floats his boat) then he still start to w**k over them rather than a team who the majority of his fellow fans dont give a toss about. He does sometimes make me regret that 50p donation all those years ago when his team had the begging bowl out like Oliver Twist........Something else Morton have done that Ayr United haven't.

Perhaps we'd be able to avoid this tiresome process entirely were it not for people such as yourself getting so obviously wound up by him that they resort to making embarrassing personal attacks on a complete stranger on the internet. Just a thought.

In non VT news, thank f**k he is gone

He wasn't high enough on my radar to even care that much if he stayed or went, been a no show, not done anything good or bad in the brief appearances he has had for the club to be remembered by and as one of the senior pro's that isn't good enough, McCall has done well to get him out the door early.

Wondering how similar this period is going to be to Reids first few weeks in charge where he got rid of players pretty quickly that weren't up to the fight

ETA...just remembered Slane got sent off against Airdrie....so one moment in his time at Ayr I can remember

Archived