Ayr sign Paul Slane

By all means, put your savings on Morton at a steady 4/1. Although I'm not sure the likes of Willie Hill and Coral accept giro slips and empty promises. Maybe self esteem? Oh wait you're from Greenock.

That'll be a straightforward 'no' to Ayr being more likely to win a league than Morton then: underneath all those wild attempts at deflection.

Thanks for playing anyway.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But still won't put money on it being Ayr, despite your collective tears and snotters about being a lowly third favourite.

Hang on a minute, the original post stated Ayr may not win the league but Morton certainly won't. No Ayr fan is committing to us winning the league. What we are committing to is Morton won't. If you disagree then the onus is clearly on you to put your life savings on Morton being Champions, not any Ayr fan putting our life savings on something we've not claimed will happen.

If not, etc...

Hang on a minute, the original post stated Ayr may not win the league but Morton certainly won't. No Ayr fan is committing to us winning the league. What we are committing to is Morton won't. If you disagree then the onus is clearly on you to put your life savings on Morton being Champions, not any Ayr fan puting our life savings on something we've not claimed will happen.

If not, etc...

Nope, it was in fact your tear-stained chump fan, who declared that the bookies odds meant nothing. Because they, rightly, have placed Ayr in the plucky minnow category, well beneath the credible challengers.

The bet to prove that the bookies have it wrong is still forthcoming. I'm not the one challenging the bookies; thanks for playing anyway.

Nope, it was in fact your tear-stained chump fan, who declared that the bookies odds meant nothing. Because they, rightly, have placed Ayr in the plucky minnow category, well beneath the credible challengers.

The bet to prove that the bookies have it wrong is still forthcoming. I'm not the one challenging the bookies; thanks for playing anyway.

Nah, you know fine saying Ayr have more chance than Morton is not the same as saying Ayr will win it. Stranraer have more chance of winning it than Stirling but I woudn't be putting any money on them either.

You're welcome.

22166754.jpg

Indeed; despite that monumental handicap of having a tactical dinosaur at the helm, the bookies still rate Morton as being twice as likely to win the title than plucky minnows like Ayr or indeed Forfar.

Much like the recent referendum campaign, crying about the probability-driven odds doesn't actually change the outcome.

Indeed; despite that monumental handicap of having a tactical dinosaur at the helm, the bookies still rate Morton as being twice as likely to win the title than plucky minnows like Ayr or indeed Forfar.

Much like the recent referendum campaign, crying about the probability-driven odds doesn't actually change the outcome.

Both minnows are above Morten. Pleasing indeed

I hear he's been reduced to dragging his tired old act around the Working Men's Clubs of Inverclyde - paid in beer and by being allowed to pass a bucket around at the end of the evening. The adverts outside the Clubs are using the strap line from his signature to try to pull in the punters, so far without much success as nobody in Inverclyde knows what influential means.

He's apparently trying to raise the funds to buy himself a thesaurus but he's only raised £2.36 to date, but he's quoted to have been, to coin a phrase, "unlucky".

I hear he's been reduced to dragging his tired old act around the Working Men's Clubs of Inverclyde - paid in beer and by being allowed to pass a bucket around at the end of the evening. The adverts outside the Clubs are using the strap line from his signature to try to pull in the punters, so far without much success as nobody in Inverclyde knows what influential means.

He's apparently trying to raise the funds to buy himself a thesaurus but he's only raised £2.36 to date, but he's quoted to have been, to coin a phrase, "unlucky".

I'm sure he will make a go of it, the champ that he is!

Archived