Rutherglen Glencairn v Wishaw Juniors - friendly 1/10/14

glensmad

Oh dear. I know you can't read much into friendlies but wasn't expecting one of the super first promotion favorites to lose this.

I saw Hurlford in pre-season lose to Wishaw and they looked a useful side

Also isee Clydebank lost to them in the league cup so maybe not so much of a surprise the result tonight

Wishaw have a young side with good pace and ability. Capable of competing with top sides on their day but consistency is the problem. Had a great pre season and league cup campaign but not hit form in the league as of yet. We have a tough replay in the scottish on Saturday away to Sauchie. Mon the Wishy.

I saw Hurlford in pre-season lose to Wishaw and they looked a useful side

Also isee Clydebank lost to them in the league cup so maybe not so much of a surprise the result tonight

I know wishaw are decent , wasn't meaning to sound disrespectful towards them . Just expected one of the favorites to get promoted to premier to beat them at home even if only a friendly. Gives certain teams in my teams league hope.

Tonight was a good exercise for both sides. Glencairn used 20 players in total during the match, with our young trialist goalkeeper and Andy Neil being the only two players to play 90 minutes.

The match was goalless at half time after a first half played at a good pace by both teams. Glens made five changes at half time and Wishaw were probably the better side in the early part of second half, although we gifted them the first goal. The boy who scored it (a half time substitute) was clearly pumped up for the occasion as he celebrated his goal like a cup final winner, and then was asked to leave the field by the referee a few minutes later for a bad foul, with Wishaw allowed to replace him.

Full report to follow tomorrow night.

Wishaw will trouble a lot of teams, they play the game at a good tempo and they pass the ball well. They came very close to beating Sauchie in the cup last weekend, I wouldn't rule out them winning the replay.

As for us, well we weren't at our best tonight, but we rarely seem to play at our best in friendly matches. It was all about fitness really, with us having had a blank weekend. It was good to get 45 minutes for Stephen Low and Willie Galloway, another half an hour for Denis McLaughlin, and another look at the trialist goalkeeper.

I know wishaw are decent , wasn't meaning to sound disrespectful towards them . Just expected one of the favorites to get promoted to premier to beat them at home even if only a friendly. Gives certain teams in my teams league hope.

AND THE TADGER ( TWAT ) STRIKES AGAIN :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Tonight was a good exercise for both sides. Glencairn used 20 players in total during the match, with our young trialist goalkeeper and Andy Neil being the only two players to play 90 minutes.

The match was goalless at half time after a first half played at a good pace by both teams. Glens made five changes at half time and Wishaw were probably the better side in the early part of second half, although we gifted them the first goal. The boy who scored it (a half time substitute) was clearly pumped up for the occasion as he celebrated his goal like a cup final winner, and then was asked to leave the field by the referee a few minutes later for a bad foul, with Wishaw allowed to replace him.

Full report to follow tomorrow night.

Wishaw will trouble a lot of teams, they play the game at a good tempo and they pass the ball well. They came very close to beating Sauchie in the cup last weekend, I wouldn't rule out them winning the replay.

As for us, well we weren't at our best tonight, but we rarely seem to play at our best in friendly matches. It was all about fitness really, with us having had a blank weekend. It was good to get 45 minutes for Stephen Low and Willie Galloway, another half an hour for Denis McLaughlin, and another look at the trialist goalkeeper.

Got to agree with the bit in bold,glens.I know the Sauchie lads thought their team was a bit below par in last week's game but,after watching the highlights on the excellent Sauchie video,and after talking to a couple of the Wishy troops,I think the Beltane boys might just be capable of getting a result in what should be another good game.

Whatever the result,I don't think that Wishaw will go unbacked at 9/1,and it's not so long ago since they turned over a good Broxburn side to give the guys a nice touch at 8/1. :thumsup2

Archived