Ruthy Doll in hot water wi the polis...

QPSAFalkirkFirm

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruth Davidson was one of the main reasons i voted 'Yes', a very able scottish politician that would have been a crucial part of a future Scottish government, even though she was sadly promoting 'no'.

Ruth Davidson was one of the main reasons i voted 'Yes', a very able scottish politician that would have been a crucial part of a future Scottish government, even though she was sadly promoting 'no'.

I think this is one of the biggest problems that Scottish Labour and the Scottish Tories have had, almost all of the most capable politicians go to Westminster instead of Holyrood. Scottish Labour is basically the skeleton crew of politicians who aren't good enough for Westminster. With the Tories this is starting to change, for every Gove who goes down south there is a Davidson who will stay (though even with Ruth Davidson there are rumours she might be put forward for a seat at Westminster for the election after next). Labour need to somehow convince their more talented politicians to stay up here rather than go down to Westminster. There is no way Scottish Labour should be led by people like Iain Gray and Johann Lamont, but how do Labour convince politicians to go to Holyrood instead?

She would never be part of a government in Scotland.

I would agree.

I have contempt for her politics but I think she is a very capable politician.

After comparing Scotland to Ukraine I don't think so. Lord fucking Robertson too with all those 'forces of darkness' shite. i mean really. This is what people voted for?

After comparing Scotland to Ukraine I don't think so. Lord fucking Robertson too with all those 'forces of darkness' shite. i mean really. This is what people voted for?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that this argument was a lot of bull.

A lot of people bought it though, that's politics. She was pretty good at exploiting fears as ridiculous as some of them were.

Turns out we're not too wee or too poor but, at this time, we are too stupid to be independent.

The education of our nation didn't stop on September 18th though.

Think people are getting capable politician mixed up with good communicator. The fact is she isn't a very good politician and her "the Russians are coming" showed that up as a very good example.

What you can't take away from her is that she is very a good communicator, very articulate and assured when she speaks. I suppose her training as a reporter for the BBC has helped in that regard.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that this argument was a lot of bull.

A lot of people bought it though, that's politics. She was pretty good at exploiting fears as ridiculous as some of them were.

This was just a wee drop in the ocean that put the shitters up many No voters. Just that tidal wave of doom that was pretty much unstoppable. Fucking disgusting behaviour. I'll never forget the role played in the referendum by the UK establishment. Again I'll say this was not democracy in action, this was the will of the UK making sure that under no circumstances would a Yes vote prevail. I actually wonder what might have happened if we had voted Yes. Send the troops in?

Think people are getting capable politician mixed up with good communicator. The fact is she isn't a very good politician and her "the Russians are coming" showed that up as a very good example.

What you can't take away from her is that she is very a good communicator, very articulate and assured when she speaks. I suppose her training as a reporter for the BBC has helped in that regard.

Genuinely, from more than a few no voters, I heard concern as to how we would defend ourselves in the face of a threat from the likes of Russia.

Absolutely ridiculous but brought on by the politics of fear espoused, very capably, by Davidson, Robertson et al.

As I said, utter contempt for that type of baseless politics but it did the job exposing enough fear in the stupid in our society to do the trick.

She is articulate, however she is also a despicable little tramp!

I thought she was fucking awful throughout the campaign, highlight of which being Harvie totally roasting her.

I have to disagree, on the occasions I saw her I thought she was one of the better advocates of Bitter Together.

That said, I don't know what sort of (formal or informal) agreement had been made to ditch party politics but it amazed me she got such an easy ride given the fact she was a Tory. On every occasion I wanted her opponents to make the point she was of the same political hue as Cameron and of the late, little lamented Thatcher. Had they done so she would have been under far more pressure and her performances would have suffered IMO.

I lost all respect for Davison during the campaign. Annabel Goldie and Jackson Carlaw are the pick of the unionists for me - honest politicians that voted No for emotive reasons, but didn't get involved with 'profect fear'.

The rest of them I could never vote for.

Poor Ruth, she has gone down in my estimations, one only has to look and pity her as she jumped up and down on her seat behind the Iron Fist as he gave what is fast becoming a most notorious speech.

My mate helped her write speeches and do prep work for the tv debates. Met her a few times and if folk think I'm a foul mouthed c**t then ten minutes in the company of Davidson will be an eye opener. I actually wanted Murdo Fraser to get the leadership but he is the sort of tory that wears white linen jackets and cravats at the weeked to relax. Davidson has actually gained a lot from this referendum and has been one of the winners overall.

We are looking at a Labour party that is fucked in Scotland, hopefully they will fail to win a majority next May, the tories are going to win a few seats up here, Labour are going to see the SNP take a chunk out the heartlands a libdem meltdown and of course independence has been put to bed for a generation. We have still to see how the lurch to the left by the SNP is going to pan out for them. Badly I suspect <_<

Archived