Nicola Sturgeon

ICTJohnboy

I haven't moved any goal posts but I have given you the information that you were too lazy to find for yourself. There wasn't a vote on implementing the living wage, on that we should all be clear. If you don't know the difference between voting on an amendment to a procurement bill and the primary legislation then I give up.

So do you believe that contractors that employ people from countries with a different standard of living should be forced to pay them the Scottish living wage, the level of which is set based on scottish standards of living?

The vote was to amend the primary legislation to deliver the lviing wage in public contracts. the SNP voted against it. Thus, they voted agaisnt the lviing wage.

I'm not sure why such a contractor would win a bid in the first palce iof the lviing wage was a criteria, their bid wouldnl;t be cost effective.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see The Scotsman are probably the first recorded media outlet to headline a "Sturgeon leadership blow" type headline. Not bad considering she isn't the leader yet and not even First Minister!

I'm sure it will be the first of many.......

I see The Scotsman are probably the first recorded media outlet to headline a "Sturgeon leadership blow" type headline. Not bad considering she isn't the leader yet and not even First Minister!

I'm sure it will be the first of many.......

Is that the 5bn shortfall if she got her plans for "devo max" through?

You'd have thought the SNP would have learned the lesson from the referendum that they should try and cost their plans then these sort of embarrassing situations needn't occur.

You'd have thought the SNP would have learned the lesson from the referendum that they should try and cost their plans then these sort of embarrassing situations needn't occur.

The Economist author of the report just happens to be an ex Labour SPAD. What a surprise! Although the Scotsman didn't reveal that fact for some reason.....

The Economist author of the report just happens to be an ex Labour SPAD. What a surprise! Although the Scotsman didn't reveal that fact for some reason.....

My mate was a former Tory Spad. He is now head of a large business organisation in Scotland which represents thousands of Scottish businesses, he also spoke out against independence as thats what the members of his organisation asked of him. Going by this nonsense you've just spouted, anyone who has been in the employ of a politician, political organisation or anything like that should have their views discounted?

Is this right?

My mate was a former Tory Spad. He is now head of a large business organisation in Scotland which represents thousands of Scottish businesses, he also spoke out against independence as thats what the members of his organisation asked of him. Going by this nonsense you've just spouted, anyone who has been in the employ of a politician, political organisation or anything like that should have their views discounted?

Is this right?

John McLaren has form and spouted pish all through the referendum campaign under the guise of CPPR think tank. He's even quoting figures in the report from the OBR for fucks sake!

John McLaren has form and spouted pish all through the referendum campaign under the guise of CPPR think tank. He's even quoting figures in the report from the OBR for fucks sake!

The OBR projected figures on oil revenue were poo pooed by the defeated SNP leader Alex Salmond as being "Tory" or something equally stupid during the run up to the referendum. It was said at the time, by many others that the OBR figures tended to be on the "optimistic" side and after six months worth just published for the financial year to date, it looks like the OBR figures are "highly optimistic".

But hey, maybe some of the economists working on these things have worked for political parties that you disagree with. In fact, I can guarantee you that this will be the case. Its what they do.

The OBR projected figures on oil revenue were poo pooed by the defeated SNP leader Alex Salmond as being "Tory" or something equally stupid during the run up to the referendum. It was said at the time, by many others that the OBR figures tended to be on the "optimistic" side and after six months worth just published for the financial year to date, it looks like the OBR figures are "highly optimistic".

But hey, maybe some of the economists working on these things have worked for political parties that you disagree with. In fact, I can guarantee you that this will be the case. Its what they do.

The OBR are notorious for getting it wrong. Who originally set up the OBR?

Provide me one forecast that the OBR have got right since their formation.

Ian wood slaughtered the OBRs figures more than he did the SNPs.

Ian wood slaughtered the OBRs figures more than he did the SNPs.

Thee OBR forecast WHAT for this financial year? The six month return from oil is WHAT? Do you foresee a massive increase in the next six months to plug the gap with the OBRs projected figures and the reality? It was pointed out at the time that the OBR is optimistic more often than not. What were Salmonds predictions based on again? How close are THEY to reality?

Thee OBR forecast WHAT for this financial year? The six month return from oil is WHAT? Do you foresee a massive increase in the next six months to plug the gap with the OBRs projected figures and the reality? It was pointed out at the time that the OBR is optimistic more often than not. What were Salmonds predictions based on again? How close are THEY to reality?

Wonder how many of the 44.7 are thinking "Thank f**k we were minority losers".

Just as well there was a majority of right thinking voters to avoid secession.

Wonder how many of the 44.7 are thinking "Thank f**k we were minority losers".

Just as well there was a majority of right thinking voters to avoid secession.

I'm not sure how many of the 44.68% would even understand the implications of what they voted yes to frankly. And I'm sure that a chunk of them don't give a f**k regardless.

B0iZoHfCQAM9WlW.jpg

They should give Scotland oil too. Its de minimus anyway. London alone brings in more wedge via stamp duty and Scotland losing out its Barneted share of Englands income from house sales alone would cost us.

I'm not sure how many of the 44.68% would even understand the implications of what they voted yes to frankly. And I'm sure that a chunk of them don't give a f**k regardless.

Same could be said of a lot of folk on the No side as well.

Is the £5BN deficit over and above our proportional share of the UK deficit if tax and spend isn't devolved? If it isn't, then surely a £5bn deficit is better than 8% of £125bn?

The SNP have said ...

"Responsibility for oil and gas taxation would provide Scotland with the opportunity to exercise responsible stewardship of the North Sea resources and maximise its benefits, in contrast to the short-term approach to oil and gas taxation that has been adopted by the UK Government.

“With greater responsibility, the Scottish Government would also be able to establish an oil stability and savings fund which could be used to enhance budgetary planning and manage revenues over the long term.”

Sounds great. Presume they will stop their anti-"austerity" campaign then, given this will clearly involve cuts across the board to achieve.

Archived