Edinburgh United v Ormiston

Correct beefy that was a slanderous comment.

SLANDER

"the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation"

And mr Tynie1874 or whatever your called it was a degree in English law that I have and yes I passed.

Maybe best to apologise.

Fair point, but it was libel not slander, at least according to your definition of slander and my definition of "spoken". Maybe not the best advert for your law firm!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defamation is a more accurate term to use in this case to be honest. I looked more at the comment itself that he produced as being slanderous to beefy's reputation.

Please feel free to look up the defamation act 1952 and 1996 and see if you agree on that.

And it's not "my law firm" but I am employed by a dam good one who must see something in me to justify my wages.

ANYWAY......... Back to football.

Defamation is a more accurate term to use in this case to be honest. I looked more at the comment itself that he produced as being slanderous to beefy's reputation.

Please feel free to look up the defamation act 1952 and 1996 and see if you agree on that.

And it's not "my law firm" but I am employed by a dam good one who must see something in me to justify my wages.

I might sue both of you for talking pish... :-)

I'll have my paralegal write up the documents and deliver them to you personally, in my car, driven by Manuel, a Spanish ex con who deserved a second chance.

Think you have missed the point that it is impossible to slander someone on a forum, but never mind. I am "libel" to annoy others if I carry on being pedantic!

Archived