Plastic Pitch v Plastic Whistle

Great team performance, Clingan hamil and Eremenko were superb in the middle.big Josh will get his rewards with more hard work. I wanted to see Miller get a run out for last 20 mins or so but not to be. Under 4000 for a thistle game is pretty grim.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was utterly abysmal.

No fight. No flair. No desire. No competence.

Play like that for the rest of the season and we are Donald Ducked.

Stevenson can go collect his pension any time he likes and Muirhead and Balatoni should be looking for jobs on farms on that performance because their turning circles are wider than those of tractors.

Only bright spot was Lawless, who was trying hard but getting nowhere.

The team consistently misjudged the bounce of the ball all day, underhitting passes and through balls virtually all the time. Pathetic.

If you watched that as a one off you'd think we were relegation certainties :(

No positives for myself today from that performance.

First half we had a lot of the ball but did little with it in the danger areas.

Excellent performance all round bar the period after we scored the first goal.

Eremenko was tremendous, so happy for Tope and Westlake looked very solid.

Connelly however, is signing of the season. Wonderful player.

Disappointed in Thistle. They fairly battered us at times last season (although there was only 1 win for them) so I was expecting a hard game today.

If it was Connelly who diving header slide tackled the ball then I like him. It was the minor highlight of what was a horrible, horrible day.

That was him. Signing of the season.

ETA :lol:

Also a tip for everyone! Never slide your face along an astro pitch 1f637.png1f637.png1f637.png it's burns

If you watched that as a one off you'd think we were relegation certainties :(

No positives for myself today from that performance.

First half we had a lot of the ball but did little with it in the danger areas.

what do you mean just by today? they have been rank rotten for a lot of games this season. Archie has tried to make our defence more robust by keeping a more solid back four in the 4-2-3-1 formation and the result is the full backs are not attacking as much. Granted their is lots of reasons and don't want to go through them all for now but he needs to have a rethink and quick. it was more enjoyable watching them last season even during our dreadful run.

Absolutely love Connolly. Thought he was imperious today, so composed. Excellent team performance, and really pleased to see us mix up the passing rather than balls punted into space as our one outlet. Some of the movement during periods of the second half was outstanding, and a lot of that is obviously down to Eremenko's vision and the rest of the team beginning to feed off that. Hopefully AJ is developing a little more faith in our squad's ability to actually play football - night and day from last season today.

what do you mean just by today? they have been rank rotten for a lot of games this season. Archie has tried to make our defence more robust by keeping a more solid back four in the 4-2-3-1 formation and the result is the full backs are not attacking as much. Granted their is lots of reasons and don't want to go through them all for now but he needs to have a rethink and quick. it was more enjoyable watching them last season even during our dreadful run.

Two of our defeats were with Balatoni and Muirhead at the back.

Aberdeen was meh.

Dundee hinged on us going down to 10 men but a point in retrospect was a good result.

Have you been at all, some or none of our games this season?

Also the atmosphere was non-existent at RP today maybe down to September weekend with a lot of auld yuns and young kids in the away support.

Sadly none of the singing section got together. Not one song sung.

We are a lot weaker than last season and I think everyone knows it. The team gave up today which is a really bad sign that they are starting to not give a f**k.

I think we should have kept one of Mair or Gabby because the defence instantly toils when Seabourne isn't playing. Muirhead is far from Premiership quality. I don't think he even looks fit.

I can see a long season with a good few batterings coming up unless BRE is fantastic.

Heard from Muirhead's dad today he had knee surgery over the summer. Needs games, who with?

English teams interested but Thistle reticent to release as no return clause for cross-border return.

Heard from Muirhead's dad today he had knee surgery over the summer. Needs games, who with?

English teams interested but Thistle reticent to release as no return clause for cross-border return.

He was brutal today. No communication with Balatoni which is strange considering the amount of times they played together in the First Division.

He was brutal today. No communication with Balatoni which is strange considering the amount of times they played together in the First Division.

With the silent Fox behind them they're a Bermudan cluster-f**k :(

WAT on meltdown again over Archie.

I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

I think the team has gone a bit stale from his tactics. Other teams know what we will do and how we will play, and we are too easily beaten.

He hasn't has much backing with money from the board but I don't think he has done very well with the guys he has brought in.

He's gambled with the Stevenson signing and it hasn't worked at all. Carroll isn't good, and BRE and Eccy are miles away.

The only decent work he has done is bring in Osman.

I have the fear from the Motherwell game. Sutton will totally dominate Balatoni and Muirhead.....

Archived