Would you like a Great British cup?

Classick

Would you like a Great British cup?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nowadays League cups in Great Britain are considered to be the least important competition.

Unlike in England, the winners of the Scottish League Cup are not even rewarded with a place in the Europa League.

In England despite league cup winners get a berth in European competition, some clubs consider it just as a congestion of fixtures or a distraction from more important targets.

A way to revamp League cups of Great Britain could be creating a "New cup", merging them all in a Great British league cup,

introducing a cross-border competition involving all professional clubs from England and Scotland and all teams from Welsh Premier League.

Cup winners would be rewarded with a place in the Europa League.

Instead of two domestic cups, there would be one domestic cup and a cup for the whole island.

A club football competition featuring teams from all football associations of Great Britain could potentially attract many sponsors and TV rights, bringing more money.

I expect the teams likely to make an impact on this kind of competition are almost certainly the top English clubs,

although it will be very hard for Scottish teams to win the cup, matches between English giants and Scottish teams would be a financial success.

I'd give it a try, and you? Would you like a Great British cup?

Nowadays League cups in Great Britain are considered to be the least important competition.
Unlike in England, the winners of the Scottish League Cup are not even rewarded with a place in the Europa League.
In England despite league cup winners get a berth in European competition, some clubs consider it just as a congestion of fixtures or a distraction from more important targets.
A way to revamp League cups of Great Britain could be creating a "New cup", merging them all in a Great British league cup,
introducing a cross-border competition involving all professional clubs from England and Scotland and all teams from Welsh Premier League.
Instead of two domestic cups, there would be one domestic cup and a cup for the whole island.
A club football competition featuring teams from all football associations of Great Britain could potentially attract many sponsors and TV rights, bringing more money.
I expect the teams likely to make an impact on this kind of competition are almost certainly the top English clubs,
although it will be very hard for Scottish teams to win the cup, matches between English giants and Scottish teams would be a financial success.

Boromir-and-horn22.jpg

In the event of the Riders of HJ not answering the Hjorn in time, three little words suffice - Anglo-Scottish Cup - and that was back in the days when the gulf between the Scottish and English leagues weren't so vast, never mind the Welsh & Northern Irish set ups where all but three of the clubs are part-time.

There's one, now fu¢k off!

post-4731-0-99749100-1411506497.jpg

I voted naw, too much to lose, no one explained how it would make economic sense and I won't be bullied into accepting this GB Cup.

Is your fucking bunnet too tight?

No, would be an utterly horrendous, poorly attended, waste of time and money. I'd far rather spend a Tuesday night travelling to Forfar than play Barnsley or some other English irrelevancy.

The League Cups only considered an "irrelevancy" by English Premiership sides who'd far rather pick up an extra £12m by finishing a few places higher than actually achieve something by winning a trophy

Deary me. The puppet thinks he's a real boy.There's no gonny be a Britain shortly anyhow. When Eton's finest fucks the place up after reneging on his promises, and gets his baws chewed by his followers for offering them in the first place we'll have a big three thousand-a-side in George Square instead. Thats about as close as you'll get.

Archived