Farfar V Brechin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shoulda been dead and buried at half time but gave ourselves a fighting chance and actually thought if we d grabbed another we would go on and win...From a Brechin point of view why did we lump high balls to Jacko the whole of the first half ? We do this all the time against Farfar and it nvr works, our defence was hellish the first half with right back MacCormack stinking ! Masons very 1 footed and spent too much time dwelling on ball due to this...

Then we came out 2nd half and started tryin to play a bit and getting the ball out to Bobby Barr creating half a dozen decent chances but highlighting our lack of a decent striker.... Forfar were always gonna get a chance and it comes via a soft pen but it was a penalty as contact was defo made...Overall Forfar prob deserved their win but were defo there for the taking when we were on top......

Should have been out of sight at half time. First half was great to watch. Second half mmm not so much (not helped by having to move Young out of midfield) but we dug in really well. Hilson and Malcolm outstanding for us.

Top of the league and absolutely nothing to be overly worried about from around us.

Only worry is seemingly losing a defender to injury every week! Down to three fit ones now.

Game was straight forward enough but as stated not really taking our chances in the first half could have cost us after a fairly indifferent second period.

Top of the league!

Only worry is seemingly losing a defender to injury every week! Down to three fit ones now.

Game was straight forward enough but as stated not really taking our chances in the first half could have cost us after a fairly indifferent second period.

Top of the league!

Baxter wasn't injured, Dick said his wife went into labour!

Should have been out of sight at half time. First half was great to watch. Second half mmm not so much (not helped by having to move Young out of midfield) but we dug in really well. Hilson and Malcolm outstanding for us.

Top of the league and absolutely nothing to be overly worried about from around us.

Totally agree with what you say about Young. Was always going to struggle there (especially on a yellow). Hilson Swankie etc will win MOTM more often than not because sponsors/non footie people just don't recognise the contributions of players like him. Positioning, distribution, work rate etc superb and has been my MOTM in many games already.

Best laugh of the day was the Brechin fan who shouted "cheating b*****ds" at the end. Aye whatever mate.

First half Forfar were playing football that RM has always said we will get - still waiting. Kept possession and moved it about well and deserved their two nil lead. we some how stayed in the game with a good goal from Hamilton. Second half my wait was over and we were the dominate team and started moving the ball around. We created so much more by moving the ball out wide as the high balls to Jackson did not work once in the whole game. As we were on top things were going our way until Dick had a word in the refs ear and low and behold a penalty - looked soft from where I was but bow to others view. Game over.

Questions - why do we keep hitting the ball long to Jackson - it never worked. Why did we not keep the ball going wide where we got in behind and created good opportunities. Why when our full backs get the ball is their first touch to go sideways or backwards - both McCormacks particularly bad for this but not alone. No doubt answers will come back its about posession but it wasn't as more often than not the ball ended up getting hoofed long and as stated Jackson did not retain anything.

We could argue the midfiled did not make themselves available for a pass. And why when we did bring on Thomson fro some physical presnese we stuck him out wide and put someone smaller than Jackson up top.

Again our inability to score when on top cost us and this will be the case more often than not. Equally being tactically set up wrong and taking a half to change it - swapping Trouten and Barr on the wings is not the answer a bit mor thought is required.

The one thing is that everyone is still putting in the effort.

Totally agree with what you say about Young. Was always going to struggle there (especially on a yellow). Hilson Swankie etc will win MOTM more often than not because sponsors/non footie people just don't recognise the contributions of players like him. Positioning, distribution, work rate etc superb and has been my MOTM in many games already.

Best laugh of the day was the Brechin fan who shouted "cheating b*****ds" at the end. Aye whatever mate.

Directed at Brechin players for cheating us out of our hard earned cash to get into another ground without a parent / child gate.

I think more than one fan was shouting cheating b*****ds TBH. The penalty being the key talking point. Hilson ( I think ) took a very theatrical tumble after the slightest of challenges and the ref had absolutely no hesitation in pointing to the spot. This was very much against the run of play and you could see the Brechin heads go down after that. A definite feeling of injustice.

Young was another who earned the wrath of the Brechin fans. He was continually at the ref trying to influence bookings despite being lucky himself not to have earned a second yellow in the first half. Must be the "professional" training over the years.

I think on balance of play a draw might have been a fair reflection with Farfar being well on top in the first half and us in the second. However, it was the same old story against a Farfar side there for the taking. I have to reluctantly agree with 4791 on the finishing front. We have to start taking our chances. One highlight though was Bobby Barr's performance. He was superb down the left wing and his distribution was first class. Good to see him giving his critics some lip back too !!!

Can't wait for Dick's gloating in the papers tomorrow though. Always good for a laugh. :P

Finally although it sticks in my throat a bit, I find it amusing that Farfar are top of the league ahead of the might of Morton and Dunfermline. With a bit of luck in the past couple of games it might have been us , but that's fitba I suppose ! :rolleyes:

Right you thieving bar-stewards! Who's thrown out the box of unsold Loonatic fanzines left during our last incursion? I'm sure they were left next to 'Stewart Kennedy is Chewbacca' t-shirt I had made.

3 things are certain in life: -

1. Death
  2. Taxes
  3. Sir Richard of Campbelltown's detractors lying in wait with necks firmly wound in at the moment . . . but just waiting for that slip up to allow them to question the rotation/style of football/the colour of the bunnet he happened to be wearing. Hopefully you'll have a while to wait chaps so, store that bile.

P.S. One cautionary note - home form = 12 points from 12; away form = 2 points from 9.

That b*****d pitch ! And the wind !!! haha ! :P

I know that this next statement will be defended by the plastic loving population.

But playing on plastic is like playing on a summer hardened pitch, in that on more than one occassion the ball bounces nearly as high as it drops - this did not help Jackson at all. Although playing it on the deck might have.

As well as this both keepers kicks bounce on like a bouncing bomb.

still don't like plastic regardless of the result.

I think more than one fan was shouting cheating b*****ds TBH. The penalty being the key talking point. Hilson ( I think ) took a very theatrical tumble after the slightest of challenges and the ref had absolutely no hesitation in pointing to the spot. This was very much against the run of play and you could see the Brechin heads go down after that. A definite feeling of injustice.

Young was another who earned the wrath of the Brechin fans. He was continually at the ref trying to influence bookings despite being lucky himself not to have earned a second yellow in the first half. Must be the "professional" training over the years.

I think on balance of play a draw might have been a fair reflection with Farfar being well on top in the first half and us in the second. However, it was the same old story against a Farfar side there for the taking. I have to reluctantly agree with 4791 on the finishing front. We have to start taking our chances. One highlight though was Bobby Barr's performance. He was superb down the left wing and his distribution was first class. Good to see him giving his critics some lip back too !!!

Can't wait for Dick's gloating in the papers tomorrow though. Always good for a laugh. :P

Finally although it sticks in my throat a bit, I find it amusing that Farfar are top of the league ahead of the might of Morton and Dunfermline. With a bit of luck in the past couple of games it might have been us , but that's fitba I suppose ! :rolleyes:

I ve nought against any of our players least of all our strikers but for all their hard work and knocks their not putting ball in net! The service to Jacko was abysmal , If i m correct it worked the first game under Mackinnon at the Glebe against Forfar Jacko beat offside trap a couple times by chasing long balls we won 4 1 or 4 2 ! I agree about Barr playing really well when brought into game and actually good plat initially from him led to our first......In a game where we ve only to be honest played well for 25 mins we ve still hit woodwork twice , Trouts has missed a sitter and we ve had numerous excellent crosses into box missed by several players! Have to mind Farfars defenders despite they re age are experienced players who ve played at a decent level....Dick has a decent squad perhaps we re needing some of that ie... An old head here and there! Defence had an off day I hope as they have been doing quite well....I did feel it was a penalty albeit soft id been screaming had it been other way! Also think Masson on another day may have received a second yellow?.... But defo not pressing panic button s yet.....

Let's hope your still choking at the end of the season !!!

Well done lads top of the league and even the noisy villagers next door are spewing. Can't wait till we hit a bit of form.

Every time we play at home the opposition fans are on this forum saying " our defence had an off day"

Nah yous were just outclassed and tore apart

First half I'll give you , but the second they were hardly troubled .....given that we had the 2nd best goals against record going into that game speaks for itself .

Archived