Eric Joyce

GordieBoy80

Babies being sexually abused - suspended sentence. He’s had numerous previous convictions as well, all related to the “impulsive behaviour” the judge mentioned, ie alcoholism/abuse.

One thing that’s frightening about this is the number of people in society who are doing this and this is the sort of sentence they get. I appreciate that the deterrent effect won’t work for every crime but I genuinely think if someone like this got a stiff sentence then it would deter people from looking at this stuff. If he’d been given ten years, it might have given some others food for thought about looking at this material.

I know people who have had a drunken punch up or similar and got more community service than he got.

He said police found around 2000 "peer to peer files indicative of downloading or looking at images of child abuse”, dating back to June 2014.

He’s given up drinking though and found a partner so let’s not imprison him.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/eric-joyce-suspended-sentence-former-labour-mp-a4519216.html

Got pished one night and spent 4 years sharing pictures of adults fucking babies, don't remember a thing your honour.

Ah, well, army man I see, former MP, we've all done that old chap. Token suspended sentence. Next?

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Sturgeon must condemn.

She doesn't need the cheap political points. But even if she did mention it, the story would be twisted in the media as the courts failing people in Scotland under the SNP.

Joyce subsequently reinvented himself as a Yesser but I don’t think he joined the SNP. I’m sure he wrote articles that Wings published on his blogs.

There’s a petition to increase his sentence if anyone cares to sign these things

https://www.change.org/p/ministry-of-justice-eric-joyce-s-sentence-for-child-abuse-videos-to-be-increased?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=7d87c280-dcb2-11ea-a6f7-03e20d8f76e5

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Joyce subsequently reinvented himself as a Yesser but I don’t think he joined the SNP. I’m sure he wrote articles that Wings published on his blogs.

There’s a petition to increase his sentence if anyone cares to sign these things

https://www.change.org/p/ministry-of-justice-eric-joyce-s-sentence-for-child-abuse-videos-to-be-increased?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=7d87c280-dcb2-11ea-a6f7-03e20d8f76e5

I read some of the comments on that link and I don't think I'd ever wish to be associated with such a cohort.

Why are you all Daily Mail on these matters?

Why include the snp or the yes movement?

Do any other PnBers resort to such creepy behaviour.

23 minutes ago, sophia said:

I read some of the comments on that link and I don't think I'd ever wish to be associated with such a cohort.

Why are you all Daily Mail on these matters?

Why include the snp or the yes movement?

Do any other PnBers resort to such creepy behaviour.

Would you have taken exception to this comment?

This ‘man’ had a film of an infant and young children being raped. It is an insult to all victims of these heinous crimes not to imprison those who view their rape for their own narcissistic sexual pleasure. He should be in custody. The system treats people who handle stolen goods harshly because they create a demand. The judge acknowledged viewers of child rape and sexual abuse increase the demand for such acts to take place. Why is creating demand for theft punished more than creating demand for infants and children to be raped?

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Would you have taken exception to this comment?

Yes.

The courts are there to do their solemn work and I'd suggest that we leave them to it.

They don't need the likes of you pitchforking in a mob hunting down pediatricians.

1 minute ago, sophia said:

Yes.

The courts are there to do their solemn work and I'd suggest that we leave them to it.

They don't need the likes of you pitchforking in a mob hunting down pediatricians.

Sorry.

Given Joyce's previous record I do believe the court in this case got it completely wrong - solemn work or not.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Sorry.

Given Joyce's previous record I do believe the court in this case got it completely wrong - solemn work or not.

Apologies, I had you down as a blowhard.

I hadn't realised you are an expert in the details of the particular case, Joyce's history in this regard, the law and sentencing strategies in general.

22 minutes ago, sophia said:

Apologies, I had you down as a blowhard.

I hadn't realised you are an expert in the details of the particular case, Joyce's history in this regard, the law and sentencing strategies in general.

I rest my case.