Eric Joyce

GordieBoy80

One of my friends runs the foodbank in question. The whole reason that they were at George Square on Saturday wasn't to publicise their foodbank and piggyback on the referendum aftermath as this cretin Joyce has suggested; it was only mentioned to illustrate the fact that there's very real issues right on our own doorstep that we can do something about rather than rely on Government led change.

Excuse me if I take absolutely no notice of moral advice from Eric f*cking Joyce.

Back in the day, I used to hear all this pish from the groovy left, who hated charity stuff. It's as if they wanted the poor to be worse off so that they could complain more about it.

Bottom line is, food banks actually help people. Should we have them? Of course not....in an ideal world. But if they benefit people, that's great. If it makes people feel a wee bit better about themselves when they donate, that's great too, provided they don't make a fuss.

As for Joyce, he's a spongeing tosser who hung onto well-paid a job that everyone wanted him out of, and one in which he showed himself to be totally inappropriate as regards public service. Feck aff.

I don't agree with H_B on his views on Scottish Independence but one of his finest hours was his email (?) conversations with Eric Joyce where he tore him apart on pretty much every point he attempted to make. Sadly I think these posts have been lost from the site in The Great Purge.

That thread was excellent. IIRC Joyce's response to everything was to accuse H_B of reading the Daily Express. :lol:

One of my friends runs the foodbank in question. The whole reason that they were at George Square on Saturday wasn't to publicise their foodbank and piggyback on the referendum aftermath as this cretin Joyce has suggested; it was only mentioned to illustrate the fact that there's very real issues right on our own doorstep that we can do something about rather than rely on Government led change.

Excuse me if I take absolutely no notice of moral advice from Eric f*cking Joyce.

"It wasn't to publicise their foodbank" :lol:

So why weren't they handing out the food where it was actually needed rather than parking it in George Square?

"It wasn't to publicise their foodbank" :lol:

So why weren't they handing out the food where it was actually needed rather than parking it in George Square?

Erm because folk started spontaneously bringing bags of shopping and leaving it there. Neither of them drive and last time I saw them, they weren't octopuses so carrying hundreds of bags was a bit out of the question, don't you think?

Erm because folk started spontaneously bringing bags of shopping and leaving it there. Neither of them drive and last time I saw them, they weren't octopuses so carrying hundreds of bags was a bit out of the question, don't you think?

Yes mate, because people randomly and spontaneously bring bags of food along with them wherever they go in an attempt to avoid self-publicising.

It's the Tories that are to blame.

Which is why the majority of them were from the Sainsbury's across the road.

So, you're heading to, "Independence Square", and, all of a sudden, you buy food for a food bank which isn't there......................

................but the cameras are?

I rest my case m'lud.

So, you're heading to, "Independence Square", and, all of a sudden, you buy food for a food bank which isn't there......................

................but the cameras are?

I rest my case m'lud.

I see it more as a form of peaceful protest at the referendum outcome. A way of saying f*ck you while doing something positive.

• 5 years later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-52995737

A former MP and ex-army officer has appeared in court charged with a child sex offence.

Eric Joyce, 59, Labour MP for Falkirk between 2000 and 2012, is accused of making an indecent photograph of a child.

He was given unconditional bail and will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court for a pre-trial hearing on 7 July.

The former shadow minister, of Worlingworth, Suffolk, was arrested in November 2018, said police.

The charge against Mr Joyce alleges that, between 7 August 2013 and 6 November 2018, he made an indecent photograph of a child.

Dearie me