Nope

forever_blue

Flying spiders ARE real.

They were the first to build silk parachutes.

ETA also, some of them live in the jetstream so they can travel much faster than 100Mph. They're too fast to run from.

yeah that's me done with this thread I think...

Which is why, even though it's basically a fucking paradise, Australia sucks the big one.

I've been twice and spent the entire time convinced there was something underneath ever single thing I touched that was going to eat me.

Why the F*CK did you go back???

There's a pretty beastly spider that's currently living in the wing mirror of my car. I can't get near it without taking the glass out of the wing mirror which would be a hassle for me. So instead, every morning, I have to go round the outside of the car breaking its newly formed mansion web.

I've had a spider living in the passenger wing mirror of every car I've had (not the same one I am fairly sure).

I made a tentative attempt to hose the first one I found out, but now we live in peace. I respected its ability to hang in there and I quite like Scottish spiders, as I know they aren't trying to kill me.

Spiders are good. Apart from furriner nasty ones.

I'll have a hunt on my computer for the pics but some tenants in a flat in Gorgie (yes, Gorgie in Edinburgh) emailed me pictures of a big snake coming out of their toilet a few years back.

Turns out it was a corn snake - harmless enough but still a proper big snake.