Nope

forever_blue

7 hours ago, Eednud said:

Behind a paywall so had to do a cut and paste. Imagine the video will surface somewhere soon. @KnightswoodBear look away. @Swarley get the Mortein ready.

Huntsman spiders invade child’s bedroom in Collaroy Plateau

For some people it’s the stuff of nightmares — but you might be surprised at how a Sydney family reacted after finding a horde of spiders in their home.

Jim O’Rourke and Julie Cross

less than 1 min read
January 28, 2021 - 1:21PM
Manly Daily

0 comments

Related content
UP NEXT
  •  
    c659c8ff66bc59dadc633267531805ec

Fan oozes skill with clean crowd catch

0:32

•  
      757e4e29e6344f10a2170943f6f93997

Engine fire on Geelong Ring Road

0:08

•  
      77629803c8a185f3e2dc90d9d62be31f

Frankie the dog is found after going missing when his owners were kill...

0:14

•  
      a732b72236f5d88df022d662bebe8841

Australia Day 'has meaning in how informal it is' for most Australians

3:34

•  
      fc9169254183cc1b9a213814a64c9536

Watch the unfurling of the flags during Australia Day Celebrations

0:40

•  
      1518cc219db82e0a10518929e9c0ed4c

Annastacia Palaszczuk addresses Cairns tourism leaders

2:14

•  
      a8f64e19657d53f65119dbfb443096fd

Vehicle Launches Over Guardrail on Ohio Interstate

1:00

Shocked mum discovers hundreds of Huntsman spiders in her daughter’s bedroom on Sydney’s northern

A spinechilling video has emerged of hundreds of spiders invading a child’s bedroom.

But Sydney mum Claudia Domrose, who took the amazing footage of the Huntsman horde, said the hatching of the hairy baby spiders in her 11-year-old daughter’s room was no big deal.

A still from a home video made by Collaroy Plateau mum Claudia Domrose of a hatching of Huntsman spiderlings in her 11-year-old daughter's bedroom. Picture: Facebook (ClaudeDeLune)

While she received hundreds of comments on her Facebook page that ranged from “burn the house down” to “fill your vacuum cleaner with bug spray and put it on blow” Ms Domrose said she was not scared.

“I love Huntmans, I’m not scared of spiders,” the popular Collaroy Plateau make-up artist said.

A huntsman spider with its sac of babies. File picture: Thomas Csihar

“I am terrified of cockroaches and Huntsman spiders eat cockroaches. So I’m happy.”

Ms Domrose made the startling discovery on Wednesday morning after her daughter Zara, who had just been away on holiday for a week, walked into her bedroom to unpack.

“She said ‘Mum, there’s a few spiders in my room’.

A still from a home video made by Collaroy Plateau mum Claudia Domrose of a hatching of Huntsman spiderlings in her 11-year-old daughter's bedroom. Picture: Facebook (ClaudeDeLune)

A still from a home video made by Collaroy Plateau mum Claudia Domrose of a hatching of Huntsman spiderlings in her 11-year-old daughter's bedroom. Picture: Facebook (ClaudeDeLune) A huntsman spider with its sac of babies. File picture: Thomas Csihar A still from a home video made by Collaroy Plateau mum Claudia Domrose of a hatching of Huntsman spiderlings in her 11-year-old daughter's bedroom. Picture: Facebook (ClaudeDeLune)

“I walked in and went holy hell.

“I grabbed my phone and started filming. It was amazing.”

Rather than kill the little creatures, and their proud mother, Ms Domrose decided to leave the bedroom window open in the hope that they’d make their own way to the garden outside.

Claudia Domrose. of Collaroy Plateau, loves Huntsman spiders. Picture: Facebook (ClaudeDeLune)

Claudia Domrose. of Collaroy Plateau, loves Huntsman spiders. Picture: Facebook (ClaudeDeLune)

“But it was a bit windy and a lot them blew back on to Zara’s bed,” she said.

“They were everywhere, little babies hanging on their webs.

“I was running around trying to pick them up off the bed.”

Ms Domrose, who moved to Collaroy Plateau with her two children Zara and son, Finley, 6, after their previous home at Wheeler Heights was destroyed by fire in April last year, said she was eventually able to get rid of the spiderlings by the end of the day.

Claudia Domrose with her children Zara, 11, and Finley, 6. Picture: Supplied

Claudia Domrose with her children Zara, 11, and Finley, 6. Picture: Supplied

“They’ll be outside eating the cockroaches and flies. It’s great.”

Wid but not in that room.

• 4 weeks later...

The UK: Bees are essential for our survival as a species, and we need to stop them from dying out.
Australia: Sorry, nobody is available to take your call, as we've all been murdered by the bees.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 26/04/2021 at 17:01, beesher said:

Had the pleasure of dealing with this last night.....

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-25 at 22.04.08.jpeg

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Out the back yesterday.

Tiny but from small acorns mighty spiders may grow. 

Spoider.jpg

Sakes, amateur hour. P&B Rule #42, when posting a photo/video of spiders always tag @KnightswoodBear

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...