Nope

forever_blue

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

All the more reason for wearing shoes. f**k getting bitten by snakes or spiders, i'd be wearing waders.

Can we get a fund started for shoes for Slippery? Grimbo, get yer mate on the case. 

In fact would you wear G-mans or Philpys trainers or Shandon's shoes? Maybe P&B isn't the best place for this appeal.

Much appreciated Tam. But shoes are not woren inside (anything that has a roof) here in Country Thailand, so I need a few steps before entering the shoes. I could always just rip the roof off the house.

I'd wear anything, sometimes dog shite on the sole, but Shandon Par you can go f**k himself. Imagine me walking about the Jungle with those ffs.

• 3 weeks later...

I was putting our 3 year old boy to bed last night and one of his books was sitting in the middle of the table and I just grabbed it on the way out the room.
Didn't think anything of it but the book was sitting covering a candle jar that my missus had trapped a spider in and not told me. When I lifted it she screamed at me and I turned the book over and the thing was hurtling towards my hand on a web string. A short fat one with a big shiny bum. Thick feelers on its face. the type that rears up at you.
I fucked the book down onto the table and this somehow catapulted it towards my face. Swatting wildly and missing I felt it bounce off my head and then I started doing a ridiculous part mosh part firestarter dance around the living room.
I didn't want my son growing up scared of spiders but after seeing that I don't blame him.

I was putting our 3 year old boy to bed last night and one of his books was sitting in the middle of the table and I just grabbed it on the way out the room.
Didn't think anything of it but the book was sitting covering a candle jar that my missus had trapped a spider in and not told me. When I lifted it she screamed at me and I turned the book over and the thing was hurtling towards my hand on a web string. A short fat one with a big shiny bum. Thick feelers on its face. the type that rears up at you.
I fucked the book down onto the table and this somehow catapulted it towards my face. Swatting wildly and missing I felt it bounce off my head and then I started doing a ridiculous part mosh part firestarter dance around the living room.
I didn't want my son growing up scared of spiders but after seeing that I don't blame him.

@KnightswoodBear

• 4 weeks later...

The snake was startled???? 

Startled red-bellied black snake plunges nine stories from Adelaide CBD building

index&t_product=AdelaideNow&td_device=desktop
Elizabeth Henson, The Advertiser
December 21, 2016 12:36pm
Subscriber only
index&t_product=AdelaideNow&td_device=desktop

THE Aussie summer has taken an unusual twist in Adelaide, where it’s raining snakes.

City workers and shoppers were stunned on Tuesday when a large snake seemingly fell from the sky in Flinders St.

No one was hit by the falling reptile as it landed on a footpath next to the multi-level car park from which it plunged about 11.30am on Tuesday, although it was unfortunately killed by the impact.

It is believed the red-bellied black snake had hitched a ride from the River Torrens in an unsuspecting person’s vehicle before alighting in the car park.

Security staff called Snake Catchers Adelaide when they noticed a snake had perched itself on a 9th-floor fence.

Snake catcher Cory Young arrived shortly after to collect the lost reptile but it had since plunged to its death.

“I asked Wilson Security what happened and they said the snake was sunbaking itself on the 9th floor and a pigeon came by and startled it and it lost its balance and fell,” he said.

The snake landed in a concrete laneway and died from its injuries.

“There were heaps of people walking in and out,” Mr Young said.

“People were all there filming it.

“They’re not a snake you want to be messing with. They can cause your skin to rot away.”

0:00
/
0:00

external?url=http%3A%2F%2Fvideomam.news.
player
Snake Catchers: Protecting The World's Deadliest Snakes

Mr Young said it was uncommon for snakes to slither into the city but they occasionally ventured in to find food.

“We do sometimes get jobs to the CBD – it’s because the Torrens is so close,” he said.

According to the Australian Museum, the species prefers river or wetlands habitats, where it feeds on frogs and other small animals. While not considered to be as dangerous as many Australian snakes, its bite can cause severe symptoms and medical attention is necessary.

Mr Young said that if people do see a snake they should contact a snake catcher and keep an eye on it until they get there.

“Don’t try to aggravate it,” he said.