Nope

forever_blue

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've got an absolute beast posed menacingly on the high ceiling of our bottom flight of stairs. Not quite as big as my hand, but not a million miles off, and the body looks to be a couple of inches long. Not quite the biggest house spider I've seen, but he's up there.

We've come to an agreement that he can have the downstairs, so long as I don't ever see him in the rest of the house. Well, I talked, and he seemed to listen. Trouble is, I don't think I'm brave enough to actually use the nuclear deterrent (a shoe), so I may have to come and live with one of you if the detente breaks; sorry.

(you boys in the Antipodes are safe, naturally)

We've got an absolute beast posed menacingly on the high ceiling of our bottom flight of stairs. Not quite as big as my hand, but not a million miles off, and the body looks to be a couple of inches long. Not quite the biggest house spider I've seen, but he's up there.

We've come to an agreement that he can have the downstairs, so long as I don't ever see him in the rest of the house. Well, I talked, and he seemed to listen. Trouble is, I don't think I'm brave enough to actually use the nuclear deterrent (a shoe), so I may have to come and live with one of you if the detente breaks; sorry.

Was it touching up the little spiders?

2 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Was it touching up the little spiders?

Shush, Bob. Mozza was bad enough, but I can't lose you both.

I think it's had a wasp and a couple of bluebottles since yesterday. Starting to think he's actually a good c**t, although that's probably just what he wants me to think.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You know what to do, Dave.

images (2).jpg

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You need to kill it Dave , spiders are good at these mind games . Don't be fooled , if there's one there is more , they attract each other as shagging season is upon is , what just now is one spider in the corner could lead to a spider orgy in your house and before you know it the whole family has shacked up . Do the honourable thing and may god be with you 

This ran out from under my couch the other night.

image.jpeg

When he realised he wasn't getting out from under the glass for now, he just turned and looked right at me.

My other half wanted it released further than just chucking it out of the door, so the new bus stop at the top of the drive had to do. 

The stare clearly means he'll be back - if I vanish, you'll know who to blame.

image.jpeg

When he realised he wasn't getting out from under the glass for now, he just turned and looked right at me.

My other half wanted it released further than just chucking it out of the door, so the new bus stop at the top of the drive had to do. 

That's a beauty. Amazing creatures.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

image.jpeg

That's the worst thing to come out of Ayrshire since Michael Moffat. 

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Which bus did you put him on? Just so we know.

49 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Which bus did you put him on? Just so we know.

As there are no late night buses in my street, I reckon you're safe.

I doubt he'd have waited for one - the cold will have forced him to about face and head back to the house. Anyway, he saw which way I headed.

5 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

image.jpeg

They're fast as f**k those things. I captured one recently and let it go about 100m away from my house and by the time I got home it was sitting on my chair smoking a fag and flicking through the tv channels.

One of the local birds probably gobbled it up before it got back to you, AyrshireTon. It'll help if you keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile in Alloa, our resident monster disappeared yesterday, before I could build up the courage to commit arachnicide. Similarly, I'm going to tell myself that it had some small birds to hunt outside, far far away  :shutup

25 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Japanese spider crab. Seen one of these at a Aquarium once. Fucking nope

Must admit, I'm not sure which would be scarier; waking up with the crab staring at me, or that laddie's face.