Nope

forever_blue

On 10/03/2022 at 20:05, Eednud said:

Pray for @Swarley Although they recycle this type of headline on an almost annually.

Mosquitoes, snakes and spiders set to increase in NSW after deluge

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/mosquitoes-snakes-and-spiders-set-to-increase-in-nsw-after-deluge-20220309-p5a39v.html

Luckily I haven't seen either of the last two. Or maybe I should be worried that I haven't! Have seen a couple of mozzies around. Leeches, there was a story that they were on the increase and I've found two of those blood sucking cnuts in the house.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There's been a strange noise coming from inside the wall next to my bed for the last week and a half. When it first started it was like an intermittent, periodic squeaking noise. Relatively loud. This louder noise comes and goes but other times (and right now, and basically since I stopped refreshing the Rangers thread) it's quieter, lower and more continuous. Am I convincing myself there's a wasp nest growing in the wall next to me for nothing? I'm looking up what nests sound like right now and there's definitely not the continuous buzzing that most sources seem to list, but then if it's a relatively new noise I don't imagine there would be lots of the little shits right away. If I sit here straining my ears any longer I'm going to convince myself it is.

I live in a standard tenement with stone outer walls and... god knows what making up the actual walls inside. Most of them are hollow when you knock on them, and a large part of the section next to the window, where the noise is, is hollow too.

Does anyone here have experience of a wasp nest (or similar) being constructed in the walls of their bedroom?

4 hours ago, Swarley said:

RIP @Miguel Sanchez. Another valued forum member eaten alive by some sort of creature that had been living in his bedroom wall.....

It's wasps. It's a constant faint humming/buzzing sound this morning (well, later this morning) with the occasional extra squeak. I went to the landing window and looked up. There's a 3/4 inch bit of pipe sticking out from the guttering and I could see one or two of them buzzing about. 

It's been nice knowing most of you.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's wasps. It's a constant faint humming/buzzing sound this morning (well, later this morning) with the occasional extra squeak. I went to the landing window and looked up. There's a 3/4 inch bit of pipe sticking out from the guttering and I could see one or two of them buzzing about. 

It's been nice knowing most of you.

Get a pest controller on it. We had a nest between our outer wall and the inner plasterboard. The fuckers were getting in through a vent. The boy sprayed stuff in and around and said the wasps will carry the stuff in with them and die off. Probably hundreds of the dead fuckers in there but they were gone within hours. 

Edited by Rugster

Bee update: The pest control guy came from the housing and he can't get to them. I'm living with bees for the summer. He sprayed some stuff near where they're coming and going and I've seen more than usual floating about there but that's all I'm getting. Hopefully they go away after that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...