Clyde vs Montrose

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When new managers come in with what they percieve to be a 'vision' they almost always begin with ups and downs all over the place. In this case the ups appear to be what he's trying to implement, the downs pretty much everything else. We've been over this before....Maitland's second season we dropped to 7th before winning it; both Kernaghan seasons we languished as low as 8th place in September before sorting shit out. Even under Roberts we startedslow (only came alive at Ibrox!!). A bit of confidence (goals) and we'll be just fine.

All fine and dandy as long as it's not a bottom finish than. Second bottom will do and kick on next season . That's when we will win the league.

Prefect.

I actually thought that first 45 minutes against us Clyde looked a good team for this level. The passing game was working well, and very nice on the eye and I think that Clyde tired significently in the last 20 minutes, partly due to the playing with 10 men I suspect, which is how we ended up winning the game comfortably - for 60 or so minutes they were more than a match for us.

It sounds like in most games, things work in patches, so for 30/45/60 minutes things look good, but then it all goes to shit due to not being able to defend at all? Is this due to the defence being pish, a lack of protection for the defence due to BF's attack minded formations or a mix of both?

I would still expect Clyde to get it together and finish mid table, but I guess this would still be a poor finish considering the original asperations when Ferguson was appointed?

starting to feel like king canute , comical ali, david icke and the leader of the flat earth society rolled into one :)

but i still think ferguson will get it right ,we are playing some nice football ,the reults are good ,but I would be far more worried if we were playing rotten ,there has been a lot of stupid mistakes that have cost us goals I am surpirisng my self with the positivty despite the results.

can understand the reaction to the results so far but to compare it to brown and miller's teams is just nuts :1eye

I live in England, so.can't get to weekday games, so was listening to open all mics online. Derek Ferguson said he's been urging Barry to play but that he won't listen. At the end of the day though, he does need to manage well too. The player aspect was surely a bonus - if we signed up as a manager largely to get him as a player, well, that was truly bonkers.

I would very much like to know what he told the Board regarding his intentions to play. I am pretty sure his lack of lower league football knowledge, lack of managerial experience, all round glaikitness were at least partly offset by the fact he would be the best player in the team (or maybe the division).

All fine and dandy as long as it's not a bottom finish than. Second bottom will do and kick on next season . That's when we will win the league.

Prefect.

Prefect!!!! You've championed youth youth and youth again since your inception. Absolutely fine thing to support, but is something that inevitably needs time. Had we been in this predicament with a team full.of Clyde youth prospects, would you change your tune??? My ££ is on 'absa fuckin lootley' you would. Discarding a novice manager (which you and about half the Clyde support have champed at the bit for since mid June) would demonstrate that we don't give anyone or anything the time required, not conjusive to development of anything let alone a youth policy. I agree its something that ideally we would not be prepping everyone else's youth players, but the boat sailed for me on that when we babysat Kris bastartin Doolan for that shower of scum on the Kelvin. Until we can get into a position where we don't have to.do this, anything goes to get us there frankly.

I'm still ok to give him time - I mean it's still the stage of the season where a couple of good results takes us right back up the league quickly. And I do agree that we've been playing pretty well. Also, in fairness, while we've always seemed to go behind in games, we've just about always come back (at least temporarily). That takes character, especially on Saturday when we were a man down.

However, I'm getting more and more uneasy about how he sounds in interviews. He mumbled something last night about needing to 'think of sumfin', and said he wasn't sure whether he was registered as a player. I know he apparently sold himself well in interview, but now he's not getting the results or even selling himself when speaking. He doesn't fill with me confidence that he knows what he's doing...Happy to be proved wrong asap.

Prefect!!!! You've championed youth youth and youth again since your inception. Absolutely fine thing to support, but is something that inevitably needs time. Had we been in this predicament with a team full.of Clyde youth prospects, would you change your tune??? My ££ is on 'absa fuckin lootley' you would. Discarding a novice manager (which you and about half the Clyde support have champed at the bit for since mid June) would demonstrate that we don't give anyone or anything the time required, not conjusive to development of anything let alone a youth policy. I agree its something that ideally we would not be prepping everyone else's youth players, but the boat sailed for me on that when we babysat Kris bastartin Doolan for that shower of scum on the Kelvin. Until we can get into a position where we don't have to.do this, anything goes to get us there frankly.

The truth is there is no evidence of a plan to get us anywhere we want to.

Where we are currently heading is the lowland league and the only "plan B" is some vague hope of being "reborn" as EK Clyde. Discarding players after a couple of bad games - during which the manager performed as badly as them. That is a sign of not giving things time.

What a situation.

I love you guys, you keep on giving.

Shit game to watch, but fun to point and laugh.

The facts:

Accies and Thistle both in the top league

Clyde bottom of the football league (again :lol: )

A chairman eager to give your name away

Oh and I got comp food as well, so the council got no money out of me either. Like I said Clyde the gift that keeps on giving.

Paul Daly, you scoundrel ! Well at least you enjoyed yourself.

The idea was that Malky Thomson brought the experience, and that would have allowed BF to play. But since Malky left early, that meant BF's had to stand on the touchline instead.

I said weeks ago the main problem was the defence. First the right back, and he'd need to show how ruthless he is given that's one of his own signings. They also need an experienced centre half who would organize them and help improve the younger guys. Instead they got a couple of inexperienced youth players from the Old Firm on loan. But if he's already spent whatever money he had available, he's going to have to get on the training ground and work with what's there.

If he can shore up the defence, yes at this level it can turnaround quickly. If he doesn't, forget about it.

I love you guys, you keep on giving.

Shit game to watch, but fun to point and laugh.

The facts:

Accies and Thistle both in the top league

Clyde bottom of the football league (again :lol: )

A chairman eager to give your name away

Oh and I got comp food as well, so the council got no money out of me either. Like I said Clyde the gift that keeps on giving.

One question Hammyton. Are you a long time supprter of the Accies?

Clyde and Accies used to have a great relationship, your supporters would come and watch us at Douglas Park when we played there, great bunch as well! I have a couple of good mates from my time at uni who used to come and watch us when you were away as well and I would do likewise when we were away.

I will say one thing - Enjoy yourself but there is that old saying, be careful who you kick on your way up as they may well kick you back on your way down!!

I wasn't at the Arbroath game on Saturday, but made it along last night. I thought we played reasonably well in the first half and were certainly the better side. Passed the ball well and got into a few decent positions. Final ball however let us down.

Second half was like watching a completely different side such was the difference from the first 45 minutes. Absolute shambles at the back for the second goal. First goal was unfortunate. The defence is a bomb scare.

I wasn't at the Arbroath game on Saturday, but made it along last night. I thought we played reasonably well in the first half and were certainly the better side. Passed the ball well and got into a few decent positions. Final ball however let us down.

Second half was like watching a completely different side such was the difference from the first 45 minutes. Absolute shambles at the back for the second goal. First goal was unfortunate. The defence is a bomb scare.

I think that summed it up fairly well from our point of view as well. Not many of us Mo fans there' - sorry about that but the only thing I'd add to your summary is that the Mo are certainly a better side this season. Not the finished article by any means but deserve a bit more respect than usaual.

No doubt some will think that's a bad thing. I've a feeling the lynch mob are rubbing their hands right now.

No doubt some have been waiting patiently to run hands since the appointment. We do have a bizarre element who are happier when they have something to moan about!

Been told last night that a couple of the staff at Broadwood couldn't finish until half 11 because Barry refused to leave the dressing room with a select few players. Angry scenes it seems.

Bet his pal durie avoided a blasting despite being high on the list of pish performers.

The fact he came out after the ibrox debacle and blamed the 2 centre halfs says it all really. (They were the only 2 back at times FFS).

More evidence of destroying the confidence even more than he has already?

Ibrox was a month ago. There have been other disasters since. Disasters with a lot more relevance to our position than losing a diddy cup tie. Everyone's responsible, BF isn't the only egomaniac you'll find on a manager's seat. For those tortured souls he allegedly has it in for, i say good luck finding someone who'd tolerate the consistent f**k-ups when, as so many have said before, they often come from a position of being in control. No more heroes anymore :P

In answer to WCC post earlier. There was no member of Staff from NL who was in the ground at half eleven last night other than the Guy who does a night shift there. Any Clyde FC Staff that were still there , were there voluntarily and left at around 23.15

And i will defend Clyde supporters all day long. But the Sweeney chants FFS

Archived