scottish cup week

sniffer

Heard this type of stuff before about teams from the Aberdeen area having a great record in their domestic leagues / cups etc.

The thing you've got to realise despite the very very odd exception is that they play against dung outfits most weeks hence their good records and stats.

Good call

Not.

I'll be surprised if Petershill don't win this one at first attempt.

To be fair I have only seen them once and it was a pre season friendly which they did win but I'd be shocked if any of out top flight sides struggled up here on what I've seen since I've been here.

Heard this type of stuff before about teams from the Aberdeen area having a great record in their domestic leagues / cups etc.

The thing you've got to realise despite the very very odd exception is that they play against dung outfits most weeks hence their good records and stats.

Obviously teams like culter have done well of late in the senior Scottish but they are generally the exception to the rule.

The problem with these Aberdeenshire , Morayshire , Grampian teams is that any decent players they have are constantly snapped up by Highland league clubs.

Hermes 2 Petershill 1... GIRUY!

The problem with these Aberdeenshire , Morayshire , Grampian teams is that any decent players they have are constantly snapped up by Highland league clubs.

The dismissive tone of "these Aberdeenshire, Morayshire, Grampian teams" is an offensive generalisation. How many Hermes players can you name who have been "snapped up by Highland league clubs" ? I would guess none. If don't know about these things then your opinion is baseless.

The dismissive tone of "these Aberdeenshire, Morayshire, Grampian teams" is an offensive generalisation. How many Hermes players can you name who have been "snapped up by Highland league clubs" ? I would guess none. If don't know about these things then your opinion is baseless.

Dismissive tone? What are you talking about? I was actually sticking up for these clubs.

I lived in inverurie then forres in the mid eighties & the problems I mentioned were rife back then.

it is true that any time a decent player does well for a period of time the highland league come calling. Season Hermes won the league we ended up losing a few playrs to the highland league. Agreed that north region clubs struggle with the stronger regions but on the day Hermes can at least mix it with most at least.

it is true that any time a decent player does well for a period of time the highland league come calling. Season Hermes won the league we ended up losing a few playrs to the highland league. Agreed that north region clubs struggle with the stronger regions but on the day Hermes can at least mix it with most at least.

This

Archived