Dumbarton v Alloa Athletic 27-9-2014

Normally, after our great record in recent seasons v the Wasps, this could be a confident 3 points. Alloa have started the season well though, and were a few minutes away from taking 3 points off Rangers on Saturday. Come on Sons, take the sting out of Clackmannanshire :1eye this coming Saturday. A hard fought 2-1 to the Sons for me.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So important to get a positive result this weekend. We have a good run in last few games.

Yeah, a good late win v Livi and 2 decent draws have seen us pick up after the usual bad start. 3 games unbeaten, lets make it 4 with a win. Kane can surely tear Alloa a new orifice.

Points gained off any of the "big 3" are great and are seen as bonus points but these are the types of games we need to be winning beating the teams around us to make sure we stay in this league. 2-1 Wasps.

Agreed

Really liking the centre back partnership of Graham and Taggart, however our full backs don't fill me with the slightest bit of confidence defensively. MacDonald to start over DVZ, Campbell or even McDougall in for Megginson, hopefully Turner is fit and can replace either Kirkparick or Agnew - I'd go for Turner and Aggy in the middle and then one of Nish or Fleming partnering Kane up front. Hopefully we score early and don't have to resort to throwing Andy Graham up front. 2-0.

The Freedom Fighters vs The Clackmannanshire Cowards, hopefully good prevails over evil on the day. It's the only fair outcome.

Turner in for Kirky if fit, Campbell in for Mitch and would be tempted to bring big Nish back into the starting 11.

Will Jackie Baillie be in the away end cheering on her Clackmannanshire comrades? All will be revealed.

Must agree that graham and taggart have been great. Even better than jardine and taggart. As one of the older freedom fighters I think it is vital that we beat the clackmannan chickens this week and the fife fearties next week.

Is Jackie baillie real or just a nightmare I've had. Come on dumbarton the cradle of democracy.

The Freedom Fighters vs The Clackmannanshire Cowards, hopefully good prevails over evil on the day. It's the only fair outcome.

Turner in for Kirky if fit, Campbell in for Mitch and would be tempted to bring big Nish back into the starting 11.

Will Jackie Baillie be in the away end cheering on her Clackmannanshire comrades? All will be revealed.

Play Jackie Baillie in defence - once round her is like twice round the castle. No way Alloa will get by that mass.

Don't know how to feel for this one. On one hand we've started great (minus livi) on the other we don't have a great recent record vs Dumbarton. A good start is vital and whichever team dies this will probably gain all 3 points

Don't know how to feel for this one. On one hand we've started great (minus livi) on the other we don't have a great recent record vs Dumbarton. A good start is vital and whichever team dies this will probably gain all 3 points

Think that'll probably put them at a greater chance of losing if I'm being completely honest.

As I said on the Falkirk match thread none of our full backs fill me with confidence. Linton was slightly better in the second half mind you. Think Campbell deserves a start as well given Mitch's recent poor run of form and the fact he looked threatening on Saturday. Turner back in centre mid if he's fit for Kirkpatrick too. Finally when Nish came on, on Saturday I thought we looked a bit dangerous; doubt Muzz would want to change the team too much but I'd go for something like this:

Rogers

MacDonald Graham Taggart Linton

Turner

Campbell Agnew Gilhaney

Nish Kane

Big game for us. The 4 points against Hibs and Rangers are great but we really need to ensure we do well against the other part-time teams in the league. Dumbarton were a team against whom we didn't do ourselves justice at all last season. I think a bit of that was down to getting games against them at a time when the confidence was flowing out of the team but we also turned in a flat performance against them earlier in the season when we were actually playing very well. Very frustrating and we can't afford to have such a poor record against them this season.

Hopefully we can take the form from the Rangers game into this one. Does the manager stick with the same team or does Buchanan come back in having done well since coming to Alloa? It would be an equally tough call to drop Tiff.

Archived