Cowdenbeath v Queen of the South

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have to enter from Chapel Street does that mean we will be on the terracing opposite the stand, is this not where a loyal, vocal band of home supporters normally stand?

I've not checked if there's segregation in place but if you are entering from there it means you will be behind the goals and in the old stand. You will not have the terracing where we stand.

I hope you only enter from that gate but can stand anywhere.

I've not checked if there's segregation in place but if you are entering from there it means you will be behind the goals and in the old stand. You will not have the terracing where we stand.

Taken from the Queens official site,

http://www.qosfc.com/new_newsview.aspx?newsid=2495

Segregation for all games this season. Cat b games are as you say. Cat a games we get both stands, they get all the terracing.

You're behind the goals and in the old stand then. There's a great wee vantage point been erected as you come in the Chapel Street entrance.

I'm sure it was the same arrangements for the final game of the season last year.

There maybe was supposed to be segregation for that game, but we went in through the normal entrance and sat in the new section of the stand. There were lots of other Queens fans there too

Is there parking at the Chapel Street side?

You will be as well parking at the usual bit and just walking up to the Chapel street entrance (up the lane passed the Indian) it's only a 2 minute walk up. Thats your best bet.

Presumably, though, I'd have to walk from the Chapel street entrance round the other side of the ground to the old stand? I'll be with my Dad so, ideally, want as little walking as possible.

Ah I see. You will yes, to be honest I would just go in the main entrance then and either sit in the 'new' stand or just say to a steward and he will let you pop in the old stand.

IIRC at the Alloa game you could go in via the high st entrance - walk round the back of the stand and when you get to the entrance in the middle go left to sit in the new stand or go right to sit in the old stand. There was a couple of Cowden supporters in the old stand at that game.

Aye it's not going to be overly policed for a game with 600 people and not a single troublemaker amongst them or a history of trouble between the teams.

Will we arrange a half time fight for behind that stand? Fists only. SD and Mr X's old man up first.

I know I've said this before but I've been travelling to watch Queens away from home for over 20 years and in all that time I've seen any sort of trouble at a game three times. Once somebody swung a punch at a Queens fan at Arbroath (and missed) but both of the other two incidents were at Cowdenbeath. The game in 2002 when George O'Boyle struck a last minute winner for us on our way to the title saw several incidents in the Old Stand immediately afterwards and going even further back I recall being on a supporters club bus that was pelted with fruit as it left the car park. Appreciate that's all more than a decade ago and I've found Cowdenbeath a very friendly club but I've seen more trouble at Cowdenbeath than anywhere else!

I know I've said this before but I've been travelling to watch Queens away from home for over 20 years and in all that time I've seen any sort of trouble at a game three times. Once somebody swung a punch at a Queens fan at Arbroath (and missed) but both of the other two incidents were at Cowdenbeath. The game in 2002 when George O'Boyle struck a last minute winner for us on our way to the title saw several incidents in the Old Stand immediately afterwards and going even further back I recall being on a supporters club bus that was pelted with fruit as it left the car park. Appreciate that's all more than a decade ago and I've found Cowdenbeath a very friendly club but I've seen more trouble at Cowdenbeath than anywhere else!

Cowden fans throwing fruit? No believing that.

Cowden fans throwing fruit? No believing that.

Think that was the year of the bumper fruit harvest in Lochgelly. People were just dumping it everywhere to get rid of it. Who can forget the great Kelty banana riot in the High Street. The peelers lifted 10 people in shiny suits who were going ape and splitting people's heads open.

Coat on and leaving the building :( .

Can vaguely remember that game in 2002, there was tension between the two sets of fans as the 2ND half went on, then they just clashed, remember a queens fan pushed a Cowden fan into an elderly Cowden fan and the old boy went tumbling down the wooden seats, was not nice to see. As expected took the stewards a while to intervene.

What the f**k has happened to Cowden this season? Has it been difficult to replace Stewart and Hemmings?

Stewart has been outstanding for us so far this year and is a fans favourite already.

Bit of everything, inept tactics, not very good signings and losing Greg and Kane. Greg is a fantastic player and has more than deserved his crack at the top flight.

Archived