Ayr v Airdrie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought in the end we just about deserved that. We are gradually getting better week by week. Got our first point at home to Stirling, first goal the next week against Morton, scored a few last week and could have won, and then a good result winning today. There's clear progress, although it would be hard not to progress from losing and not scoring every week!

We have some decent defenders for this level, and Lister and Prunty are a decent partnership, it's just sorting the midfield which is the issue, but we are getting there.

Ayr obviously wont be near the top of the league come the end of the season so the result on paper looks a bit better than it is, but still a good result and we'll hopefully get a bit of confidence and push on from here. Ayr looked like they had a couple of nice footballers in the middle but the whole team lacked urgency and playing Donnelly as what seemed a lone striker against our 3 centre halves is ridiculous.

Ayr were poor today. What's happened to us? Mikey Donald was howling as was Gilmour. Pass marks to Mckinlay only. Shirkie needs to stop the fancy stuff and play good solid football. Never seen as many free kicks in my life. The baldy linesman on the far side needs a test with Specsavers.

'Top of the league, you're having a laugh! ' - never has a truer word been spoken at Somerset.

If any team deserved to win that game it was airdrie.

My biggest concern is that Roberts will probably feel we were hard done by in the end. Nonsense.

No urgency, no penetration, and no defence (after Murphy and Campbell went off). We knock the ball about a bit but there's not enough purpose to our play (I've only seen us twice, but my faither says it's been similar in all the home games).

It's telling that I was neither surprised nor even that gutted when the late goals went in.

Ehhhh hmmmm, am I a bird of prey?

If you mean pray, then by all means, could do with the extra help to win the lottery, cheers buddy!

Big smiles.

Yeah sorry champ. My bad. Over excited. Airdrie are shit and I got carried away cos we won.

Giggles and lols

Ayr were poor today. What's happened to us? Mikey Donald was howling as was Gilmour. Pass marks to Mckinlay only. Shirkie needs to stop the fancy stuff and play good solid football. Never seen as many free kicks in my life. The baldy linesman on the far side needs a test with Specsavers.

Hi Kev!

Pass marks to the guy who's pass cost us the 1st goal and who lost his man for the 3rd goal. Devlin in the 2nd half is about the only pass mark I can muster!

I was at the Ryder cup. This result still couldn't ruin my day. We must be pish though and as usual I've optimistically looked for things that obviously aren't there. At least we are scoring(keeping it +)

Relying on bobo to flick one in with the outside of his foot doesn't fill me with confidence though (as nice as it was)

And what is the deal with beattie? Is he getting fitter? that was the first I'd seen him and although he took his goal very well he looked a million miles away from a starting place. Is that even the plan or is he just going to be used to come on and get us a goal?

Same question regarding Campbell? Has he been subbed every game at the 2/3 mark? Or was he injured? I vaguely remember him coming off on the opening day. If that was the long term plan that would again worry me.

Hi Kev!

Pass marks to the guy who's pass cost us the 1st goal and who lost his man for the 3rd goal. Devlin in the 2nd half is about the only pass mark I can muster!

Ive been v impressed by devlin going forward in both games I've seen.

I thought slane looked like he took a bit of control of the game for a period in the second half too - quite promising.

Archived