Big Players in the Juniors?

Mets12345

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hislop that's now with Bonnyrigg must come into this category, he must be about 6 ft 5.

Really big (physically) players are probably more common nowadays than they once were, but the biggest I can recollect seeing was "collossus" Cattenach of Bonnyrigg Rose who was a member of their Scottish cup winning team inn the 60's.There was a photo of that side with him head and shoulders above his team mates in their club hut when we played them in a pre-season friendly a few years ago.

They actually played Kilsyth at Duncansfield in an earlier round and he had to stoop as he came down the tunnel from the pavilion to the pitch.

It might have improved our chances if he had knocked himself out coming down!

Stuart kean is a big player for Hurlford and has to be commended for playing at this level purely for the love of the game and nothing to do with money.

Full credit to the lad who's only trying to give something back to the game he loves!

post-47896-14115965238573_thumb.jpg

Stuart kean is a big player for Hurlford and has to be commended for playing at this level purely for the love of the game and nothing to do with money.

Full credit to the lad who's only trying to give something back to the game he loves!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1411596525.236906.jpg

Agreed, Kean is up there in the top 3 strikers in Juniors just now, he had a tremendous last season and looks as if he's started off on the same guile this season. Would probably put him in that 'big name' category.....the names I mentioned in my earlier post have been going round the blocks in Junior for 5 years + and are recognized as the top players consistently year in year out, time will tell if the likes of Kean, Wilson etc. will do the same, I don't have any doubts though. Top players.

Wilson at talbot is the best player RIGHT NOW in junior football, he's been knocking on the door to get a run in 1st team he's now unplayable. If he continues he will not be a talbot player come next year the boy has everything FACT anybody have any ubjections?

I for one certainly have no ubjections . :huh:

Wilson at talbot is the best player RIGHT NOW in junior football, he's been knocking on the door to get a run in 1st team he's now unplayable. If he continues he will not be a talbot player come next year the boy has everything FACT anybody have any ubjections?

So, what you're saying is that of all the players you've never seen this boy tops the lot? I object.

You've got to love people who put "FACT" on their posts, as if that gives it certainty.

I think I'll join in. I'm going to win the lottery this weekend. FACT. ;-)

Archived