Big Players in the Juniors?

Mets12345

Just wondering, with the great amount of players in the juniors with amazing playing ability, who are the big names in junior football just now? The Messi's and Ronaldo's of our level? Gormley, Kean... Sawyers? Not wanting to cause 'big-headedness' though!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there not a big player at Lochee Harp that needed to get something like size 14 boots specially made? I wouldnae like to get a kick up the erse from him!

That's Steven Fotheringham aka Big Fonzie. 6ft 7 I'd reckon. His younger brother Mark, the keeper at Lochee Utd gets called Wee Fonzie because he's only 6ft 6!

The boy at penicuik midfielder 6 ft 8

There was a guy about that height playing for Talbot Robb I think his second name was. First saw him at maybole, played midfield, wasn't a goalkeeper or Centre back. Decent player, big bean pole no like a Jan koller the big Czech striker, he really was a beast of a player.

Just did a quick google and Paul Millar who played for Elgin last year is reportedly the tallest outfield player in the world at 6ft 10 wonder if he ever played junior? Thats the biggest of big players.

On a a different slant Gordon Herd is nae shrinking violet, neither is Kevin Haynes of Dalkeith. Sure one of the boness guys said he (Haynes) had the biggest arse in junior fitba, bold statment imo with the ammount of big arses out there in the land of juniordom.

Some folk missing the point on this topic.....anyway in my opinion some of the big names in the Junior game today include:

Gormley - Talbot

White - Talbot

Spence - Talbot

Leishman - Talbot

Maxwell - Medda

Thomson - Medda

Coyne - Linlithgow

Robertson - Hurlford

These guys have a proven record in recent years and are always regarded as the key players at their respective teams, always seem to perform on the big occasions. Obviously there are players like Kean at Hurlford, Wilson at Talbot to name a few who are currently making a name for themselves, in time these guys should be in that mould.

Might be a bit bias with a couple of ex Ashfield players there, also I don't get to see much of the East or North so some bias towards the West, I know Coyne seems to have a proven record at Linlithgow.

Also a mention to Kenny Maclean, recently retired from Beith, brilliant striker and definitely up their as a 'big name'.

Was there not a big player at Lochee Harp that needed to get something like size 14 boots specially made? I wouldnae like to get a kick up the erse from him!

Played against Him a few seasons ago he is the double of the great kahli from the wrestling and yes not a good experience taking several kicks from him lol

I'd put Andy Shirra in any list. He's been outstanding for Bo'ness and Linlithgow over the last 5 years. Elsewhere, King at Bonnyrigg makes a huge difference to them when I've seen them and you can tell they miss him when he's injured - which has been the case a fair bit recently.

Archived