Adie Stoval

DFS69

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoval quits saints to take up a role with the SFA,who will they appoint next

Hopefully it isn't taking youths. Any time I saw him his actions were embarrassing.

Not what we want the younger generation to learn.

Keith Knox for the job?

What are the reasons for his departure?? Not like saints are doing that bad!!

Taken-up South-West youth development role with SFA.

http://www.dgnews-sport.co.uk/index.php/south_east_of_scotland_lowland_league_football/?k=:4::

ST CUTHBERT Wanderers manager Ade Stovell has resigned as manager of the South of Scotland League side.

He is to take up a post with the Scottish Football Association at grass roots football covering parts of South West Scotland and felt he couldn’t combine both roles. It's something I;ve wanted to do and it was too good an opportunity to turn down," he said. Ade informed the club officials before the start of the match against Crichton at St Mary’s Park, Kirkcudbright, this afternoon.

He started his second full season with Saints in July and says he has enjoyed his time with the club. He he had to re-build the team completely at the start of last season into a highly competitive side and competed for the South championship last season.

I’ll be working at the grassroots of football with teams in the Southern belt as a club mentor. I couldn’t do both and I spoke to our chairman Richard Davis before the start of the match of my curcumstances and told him that it would be my last game in charge.

“It’s not the way I wanted to go out getting beaten 4-2 but the new position was too good an opportunity to turn down with the SFA. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time at grassroots football, in with the youths and developing the youths in the area which is badly needed.

Does anyone think Adie done a good job at Saints?

He did a good job, chasing all the local boys (Razor, Jim, Rudd), arguing with the supporters, falling out with other clubs and managers. What have the club to show for it? A big fat zero! So the answer to your original question is naw!

Archived