A question for the '45' blame merchants

H_B

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things that would have to happen in the UK for me to consider stopping hoping for independence.

1. Full fiscal powers granted to Scottish Government including control of resource revenue

2. Abolition of the HoL to be replaced with a fully democratic second chamber

3. Proportional representation introduced in Westminster

4. Unilateral nuclear disarmament

5. A policy of non-interference in foreign conflicts unless fully sanctioned by the UN.

6. An option of recall for any politician seen to be not doing his/her job.

Then I may believe that the UK is something that can be a force for good both at home and abroad. Until then it will remain, in my eyes, a corrupt, elitist, warmongering state with only a thin veneer of democracy.

There is no such thing as society. Only people and their families - Scotland 2014

Or else our society is the UK.

We don't draw a line somewhere near Gretna and pull up a drawbridge

A question for you.

10 years time and we're being shat on left right and centre, our NHS is privatised, we are used as the guinea pig for any new power they want to try out first, poverty increases, disharmony increases, unemployment rises.

Will you still say we're BetterTogether?

Hasn't Holyrood had the powers to tackle poverty since the 90's?

I never knew poverty had a class system.

It does because people want to use it to point score .

Based on relative poverty criteria, i grew up in poverty. My parents made vastly below the national average wage.

We weren't poor.

I don't think we will prosper in the uk. If the uk government get their way the nhs will be private, care for the elderly, infirm, young people, disabled and sick will be gone and we will have no welfare system. Utility bills will be around 45-50% of most peoples income, food will become unaffordable and petrol prices will be astronomical.

We will have come out of Europe, have no human rights laws, nuclear weapons within range of our three of our five biggest cities and will have immigration laws from the dark ages.

We will have Tory/ ukip coalition government who give massive tax breaks to huge multinational conglomerates and cash handouts to mega rich bankers after squandering even more billions because there is no penalty against it, now or in the future, whilst punishing further the poorest people in our society.

People will be doing their regular shopping at foodbanks and forced to live in unsuitable accomodation whilst paying huge rents ( most people won't be able to buy in future).

This isn't tear-stained pish, but my genuine opinion on where the uk is heading

It does because people want to use it to point score .

Based on relative poverty criteria, i grew up in poverty. My parents made vastly below the national average wage.

We weren't poor.

I also grew up in poverty. I got my hot meals at school at home I was lucky to get a sandwich. I remember every Tuesday/Wednesday we would run out of electric and have to go to thursday with no electric. So in the winter after 5-6pm we would have to goto bed to stay warm. Do you think that it's acceptable for kids in Scotland to be worse off than this?

It's not something to use as something to point score. It's a disgusting fact that we have people that have to rely on charity for food.

Do No voters not find it absolutely shameful that in what is actually one of the richest countries in the world we are in a situation where the poorest families have to rely on charity for their next meal and a poor woman was driven to eating cold beans out of a can with her fingers in a foodbank as she had not eaten for days?

I find it absolutely disgusting that c***s like H_B just rubbish this by saying it's not "actual poverty". When will it be considered poverty? When these people are dying on the streets?

I also grew up in poverty. I got my hot meals at school at home I was lucky to get a sandwich. I remember every Tuesday/Wednesday we would run out of electric and have to go to thursday with no electric. So in the winter after 5-6pm we would have to goto bed to stay warm. Do you think that it's acceptable for kids in Scotland to be worse off than this? It's not something to use as something to point score. It's a disgusting fact that we have people that have to rely on charity for food.

No.. but how many children are genuinely in that position and why?

With our benefits situation and payouts that shouldn't be the case unless parental neglect is involved.

I never had a holiday outside the British Isles until i was 19. My parents didn't smoke, gamble or drink much . We didn't have luxuries but we had food and heat.

I ve seen examples of children that look like an orphan from a Dickens novel in Falkirk... with a parent walking along smoking and texting on an I Phone.

Crying shame for the kids.

No.. but how many children are genuinely in that position and why?

With our benefits situation and payouts that shouldn't be the case unless parental neglect is involved.

I never had a holiday outside the British Isles until i was 19. My parents didn't smoke, gamble or drink much . We didn't have luxuries but we had food and heat.

I ve seen examples of children that look like an orphan from a Dickens novel in Falkirk... with a parent walking along smoking and texting on an I Phone.

Crying shame for the kids.

ANd what happens when benefits are stopped because the claimant was 10 minutes late for their "meeting" and thwy have no money to feed their kids for the next two weeks? Is that not "actual poverty"?

ANd what happens when benefits are stopped because the claimant was 10 minutes late for their "meeting" and thwy have no money to feed their kids for the next two weeks? Is that not "actual poverty"?

This doesn't happen. No one has their benefits removed for being late for 1 meeting. Stop being a credulous moron.

Do No voters not find it absolutely shameful that in what is actually one of the richest countries in the world we are in a situation where the poorest families have to rely on charity for their next meal and a poor woman was driven to eating cold beans out of a can with her fingers in a foodbank as she had not eaten for days?

I find it absolutely disgusting that c***s like H_B just rubbish this by saying it's not "actual poverty". When will it be considered poverty? When these people are dying on the streets?

And let's not forget the 31,000 plus pensioners who die in their homes each winter. Wonder how many of the 65+ age group gave that thought when deciding on a NO?

And let's not forget the 31,000 plus pensioners who die in their homes each winter. Wonder how many of the 65+ age group gave that thought when deciding on a NO?

Ah, aren't they just collateral damage to the neo-liberal agenda. All so middle class people can buy a new car every few years and have two holidays a year to places where they look at the impoverished locals and think of it all as "oh so quaint".

Archived