A question for the '45' blame merchants

H_B

I can only speak for myself on this score and I made my mind up to vote yes, very late on.

I voted yes as I feel that the only way forward for Scotland was to address what is IMHO points that the UK on the whole has failed to. If the UK manages to address these points such as food banks and child poverty which I feel strongly about then I will happily accept that we are better together.

I work in a deprived area (in primary care) with a food bank across the road and all I see around me is people who have been swept aside and left to waste because of the actions of the UK Government's failures as far as I'm concerned, but we shall see.

As far as greeting abut the result - nah. The Scottish people have made their decision and we should move on.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They want everything to go wrong so they can say 'I told you so.'

Sadly this is it in a nutshell.

I'd hoped following the defeat people would transfer their energies to improving Scotland within the UK or even better the UK in general.

Early signs don't look good.

There are a disturbing number desperate for Scotland and the UK to fail... so they can get what they want.

Hard to believe you can type with arms folded and stamping your feet.

On the video below, lorries transporting destructive power almost beyond imagination.

And you know what?

They don't want them in England.

There is a nuclear weapons facility about 15mins from my house. In England, in the Tory South East which doesn't want these things.

There is a nuclear weapons facility about 15mins from my house. In England, in the Tory South East which doesn't want these things.

:lol:

You were supposed to be in awe of the War of the Worlds intro to that post... not bring facts into the thread.

There is nowhere that everything is great. Setting unrealistic bars isn't helpful.

What were talking about is the majority of people being happy.

If independence becomes less likely in 10 years time because most people are happy.. are 'the 45' going to be content or raging?

Its not about conceptual politics . Its about average people doing well.

I've came up with a realistic status quo.In 10 years the Scottish parliament has a few new powers but nothing really beneficial. Our budget has been cut and the SNP are doing the job with 1hand tied behind there back. The kids in poverty remain in poverty but numbers don't really change maybe 10-20000 more than now. Unemployment rates remain about the 7-8% mark. UKIP has gained a lot of power in England and it's looking likely we're going to come out the EU. More importantly a lot of the over 65s have died off. If we had another referendum YES would win because those old c***s are dead and those with a social conscience are still not happy at the fact we have food banks and Trident in Scotland. Average people don't do well we just exist.

Unemployment in Scotland isn't 7-8%. We have one of the best rates in the EU.

Carry on though

This is in 10years. The unemployment rate now is about 6.2 so 7-8% is not unrealistic. What about child poverty were do we rank in Europe with that?

The referendum has been lost. We move on. Scotland in 10 years time continues to prosper within the UK... the Scottish Parliament gains new powers and responsibilities. Unemployment stays low. We remain in the EU. Surveys show most people are content.

Support for independence in polls drops to 30%. There is no demand for another referendum.

Are you happy the nation is doing well?

Or raging that you're not going to get what you want?

If this indeed happens, I'll be happy. When the referendum came round I'd have wanted devo max, but the option wasn't there and I eventually decided that of the two options, independence was the best for Scotland. If food banks drop, trident doesn't get renewed, and the above happens, I'll be one of the 15% that change votes to No. How likely do you believe that all of the above will happen though?

This is in 10years. The unemployment rate now is about 6.2 so 7-8% is not unrealistic. What about child poverty were do we rank in Europe with that?

You tell me.

And please don't use relative poverty. Its disrespectful to those in actual poverty.

If this indeed happens, I'll be happy. When the referendum came round I'd have wanted devo max, but the option wasn't there and I eventually decided that of the two options, independence was the best for Scotland. If food banks drop, trident doesn't get renewed, and the above happens, I'll be one of the 15% that change votes to No. How likely do you believe that all of the above will happen though?

So basically if all policy decisions go your way... you ll be happy ?

And that's where I stopped reading. CONTINUES???

Oh sorry i forgot.

The UK is a disaster. We are oppressed and economically ruined.

That's why we voted overwhelmingly to stay!

:huh:

The referendum has been lost. We move on. Scotland in 10 years time continues to prosper within the UK... the Scottish Parliament gains new powers and responsibilities. Unemployment stays low. We remain in the EU. Surveys show most people are content.

Support for independence in polls drops to 30%. There is no demand for another referendum.

Are you happy the nation is doing well?

Or raging that you're not going to get what you want?

All available evidence suggests to me that your scenario is unlikely to happen, if by some miracle it did though I would accept it.

So basically if all policy decisions go your way... you ll be happy ?

That's basically what people want in life isn't it? Realistic? Nah, but it is what everyone wants.

Archived