Only Hearts and Rangers have any chance apparently

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much as it would be great to see them keep The Rangers off the top spot, I fear Hearts will end up bottling it when it comes to the crunch. Like a kind of Scottish first division version of Liverpool.

Key difference between Heart of Midlothian and the other teams in the league: We don't ***** it off Rangers.

Well according to BBC TV on Sunday night last the football pundit said "Ranger are by far the best teal in the league" and "I cannot see any other side winning the championship"

An earlier it was predicted that Celtic would be on their way to their first piece of silverware of the season and that Hearts will have to try hard to raise there game to be able to compete with an SPL side.

If I was a Hearts fan I'd be feeling thoroughly pee'd off with the BBC "experts.

Obviously I must have been seeing things as I though Hearts were top of the league and had already beaten rangers in the league?

Much as it would be great to see them keep The Rangers off the top spot, I fear Hearts will end up bottling it when it comes to the crunch. Like a kind of Scottish first division version of Liverpool.

The Rangers have started early with their bottling it.

I'd be very, very surprised if they weren't the top two. Rangers 1st, Hearts 2nd, with a pretty comfortable gap to third would be my prediction.

Doesn't mean they'll be in the playoff final though. Obviously if they do perform so much better than anyone else, the odds would be in their favour but it wouldn't be a certainty by any means.

i would say these two will contest for the top spot no question, Hertz may run out of steam a little by Xmas but they have definetley looked better than Sevco so far and won't be surprised to see them top at the end of the season, we were meant to be the other member of the big 3 but due to our shiteness will probably be around for a couple of years,

i would say these two will contest for the top spot no question, Hertz may run out of steam a little by Xmas but they have definetley looked better than Sevco so far and won't be surprised to see them top at the end of the season, we were meant to be the other member of the big 3 but due to our shiteness will probably be around for a couple of years,

Due to our shiteness we wont

The comment would have been in the context of the premiership as opposed to the Championship.

The point being that this season is a particularly dangerous one to finish 11th this season thanks to the presence of some strong sides in the championship.

If they don't face Hearts or Rangers then they will be facing a team who have just hit such strong form that they've beaten Hearts or Rangers over two legs.

From the point of view of Saint Mirren or Partick that's about as scary

If it was a one leg play off then it would be less certain of either Hearts or The rangers getting to the final against the 2nd bottom Premiership team, but over 2 legs it's very likely that will happen. Not anything controversial in what he's saying, he's still a wee baldy p***k though.

The point being that this season is a particularly dangerous one to finish 11th this season thanks to the presence of some strong sides in the championship.

As the SPL team have such a great record in the current play-off format. Normally they'd have nothing to fear right?

As the SPL team have such a great record in the current play-off format. Normally they'd have nothing to fear right?

Lol.

Last season Hibs were the worst team form wise though as Hearts had the points deduction for admin making them bottom, not sure Accies would've beaten Hearts over 2 legs.

We've only played 6 games so far but hearts are currently the most consistent, while there is not much separating Rangers, QotS and Raith. I still think that Hibs will turn the corner and start getting results, proabably against us next monday.

Chics entitled to an opinion and tbf a lot of people would make us and the Jambos favourites, time will tell.

Archived