Newmains 1 V. 3 Royal Albert

Wee_albert

The Albert recorded their first win of the season with a well deserved victory over Newmains at Victory Park.

The Albert started the game off on the attack and that is the way most of the game went with the Albert having most of the play with the odd attack from Newmains.

Although they had the possession it was 15mins before the Newmains keeper had a save to make and it was from corner nd header from Stevie clarke which he tipped over the bar. Then on 20mins the Albert were awarded a penalty when Scott McLachlan who was causing havoc for the Newmains defence was brought down in the box, Fraser Stobie scored from the penalty spot. The Albert continued to press but it was Newmains had the best chance to score but a fine doublesave from the Albert keeper kept Newmains out.

Then with 5mins of the half remaining the Albert scored again through Scott McLachlan who beat the full back and ran in on goal and shot by the keeper.

The second half started as the first finished with the Albert on the attack and a mixture of poor finishing and good defending kept the score down.

Against the run of play Newmains pulled a goal back from the penalty spot when Fraser Stobie dived in and brought the forward down for a clear penalty which Newmains scored from.

The Albert scored their third goal 5mins later when from a corner Fraser Stobie scored his second and the Alberts third from a shot from 10yds.

The Albert should have scored more goals but a win is a win.

A free week next week should help to clear up some of the injuries, before they face Forth in two weeks time.

Good luck to Newmains for the rest of the season.

Newmains have some experience and youth, they have Stuart McFarlane at CB. Alongside him is John McFarlane another experienced Junior. Martin Hannaway came off the bench to play up top.

They aren't a bad side and will need time to gel with the new faces that have arrived.

From speaking to folk Billy and Gary are working hard to improve things and that will Come in time. Also worth noting that, in my time visiting coltness/newmains that's the best I have seen the changing facilities. Very impressed with the work carried out

All the best to everyone at Newmains for the rest of the season.

Just to back up what nizzynisbet said Newmains have been doing a lot if work of the pitch on their dressing rooms which are looking a lot better now, on the pitch it is difficult for teams like Newmains and also the Albert as there are a lot of junior teams in our area who have the capability of paying wages which we don't .

They will give teams a game at Victoria park as their team gels and settles .

Newmains have some experience and youth, they have Stuart McFarlane at CB. Alongside him is John McFarlane another experienced Junior. Martin Hannaway came off the bench to play up top.

They aren't a bad side and will need time to gel with the new faces that have arrived.

From speaking to folk Billy and Gary are working hard to improve things and that will Come in time. Also worth noting that, in my time visiting coltness/newmains that's the best I have seen the changing facilities. Very impressed with the work carried out

All the best to everyone at Newmains for the rest of the season.

Billy McKie does a hell of amount of work outwith his managers role at Newmains. Fund raising, trying to promote the club locally & it was down to Billy's initiative that the pavilion was done up after years of neglect, as he arranged & attended meetings with the local councillor, which has also seen the club promised a new home ground within 3 years.

He's signed some very good players for United - Stuart McFarlane, John Bulloch, Martyn Meek, Martin Reilly, Martin McAteer, Craig McInnes - for this season. Add in Mark Lafferty who for me is one of the best midfielders in the division & brought out the best in Kris Dicks game last season, John Tamburrini, Joe Roy & Martin Hannaway, United really should be competing in this league.

Don't think its about geling for United, bulk of the squad been together from mid June, about 10 resigned from last seasons pool & another 4 or 5 new signings played for the club before, & they must have played 14 games including friendlies now.

United spent all pre-season with Billy, Joe Roy & Ian McKnight working for 2 months on playing a high tempo, playing out from defence system & players were targeted that could play that way.

Game two of the season & it was changed to playing a long ball to Robert Boyle & hope he wins it. Dreadful to watch & bread & butter for Central League two defenders to play against.

If United get the ball down and play threw their midfield & into the feet of their forwards like McAteer, Tambo, McInnes & Hannaway were they can play & hurt teams, like they did in the 2nd half of last season, I think they'll pick up big time.

Really hope they do as they're a great club, with good people involved who get little-to-no support from the local area.

Took in the game yesterday and it's the first time iv saw newmains!

Thot it was a decent enough game Albert certainly worked harder and was very impressed with the number 7 and 8. Newmains huffed and puffed but ultimately fell short!

There was no sign of the long ball and the above mentioned striker did not play to my knowledge certainly not from the start according to the line lines anyway!

I've heard a lot of things about newmains which have been mentioned by S Irvine along with other people on here! I was speaking to a committee man at the gate when I paid in and he feels they are progressing bit ulimately not gettin results!

According to the programme they also have a few injured and the assistant manager has also left citing family reasons for his departure.

Well done Albert on a deaerved and entertaining win! I'll certainly take in a few more games at this level

No. Once. A free kick at 0-3. Think its a year or so since Robert boyle scored in open play. Back in his EK Thistle days. Scored in open play in 4 games in around 30 appearances if am right for Thistle. 10 goals in total, 5 v a poor St Rochs team in one game.The rest of his goals came from freekicks/penalties. Did he score for royal albert ? As far as am aware he didn't did he? Or for Harthill either.

No. Once. A free kick at 0-3. Think its a year or so since R.boyle scored in open play. EK Thistle days. 4 games in around 30 games if am right. Did he score for royal albert ?

Let's be honest here. Robert Boyles shocking. Who would u play Mr Nisbet. Robert Boyle or James McGill? !!!!! Ah know who ad play. McGill any day of the week ahead Robert Boyle. N so would u. McGills a gem/beast!! One of the best in the division. Boyle for me is one of the worst strikers playing junior football.

Let's be honest here. Robert Boyles shocking. Who would u play Mr Nisbet. Robert Boyle or James McGill? !!!!! Ah know who ad play. McGill any day of the week ahead Robert Boyle. N so would u. McGills a gem/beast!! One of the best in the division. Boyle for me is one of the worst strikers playing junior football.

Think youve forgot to login to your other account lol qouting your own post and replying to it haha

• 2 weeks later...

only just saw this post. Usually re frame from posted on here other than to congratulate people. We cant all be world class eh.

I will look forward to continuing this conversation with you face to face though.

Unlike yourself i like to hold my conversations face to face and not behind a keyboard.

Your entitled to your opinion on here ill give you mine in person soon as i see you. maybe sooner rather than later though.

only just saw this post. Usually re frame from posted on here other than to congratulate people. We cant all be world class eh.

I will look forward to continuing this conversation with you face to face though.

Unlike yourself i like to hold my conversations face to face and not behind a keyboard.

Your entitled to your opinion on here ill give you mine in person soon as i see you. maybe sooner rather than later though.

Lol. You can give me your opinion anytime you like Mr Boyle, because, just like many people don't bother about my opinion on here , something I can easily live with, I really don't care about yours.

This is a football forum where regularly players are slated & criticised, so if you don't like it don't read it.

I like the tone of your post, if your performances I've seen.were as forceful maybe I would regard you higher as a footballer.

Archived